Featured Reykjavik Properties
Reykjavik is Iceland's largest city and is renowned for being the northernmost capital of the world. Due to its location, Reykjavik is synonymous with rugged adventure and is an ideal destination for those who love the great outdoors. Some of the activities visitors can enjoy include hiking, biking, snorkeling, and whitewater rafting. For nature lovers, Reykjavik whale watching is a sight that cannot be missed. Those who crave culture will find the variety of Reykjavik museums truly enlightening, while stargazers will of course have their eyes transfixed on the Reykjavik northern lights.
Nowadays the city has even more to offer than its spectacular natural surroundings. With excellent dining, shopping, historical sites, museums and entertainment, Reykjavik is becoming very hip in the eyes of the international community. The city is being recognized as a cultural hub for music and arts throughout the world. Its buzzing nightlife is famous as well for late-night parties and vibrant celebrations.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Reykjavik:
- The Golden Circle Route: This driving route runs through southwestern Iceland and showcases several major sites as well as exquisite scenery. Some of the highlights are geysirs, the Gullfoss, and the Thingvellir.
- Hallgrimur's Church: The tower of this navigational landmark can be seen from several vantages in Reykjavik. Construction was finished in 1974 and the basalt cathedral is open daily to the public free of charge.
- Iceland's National Museum: Established in 1863, this museum unites the country's past and present. It features a permanent, interactive exhibition that showcases the history of Iceland and a playroom where children can dress up as Vikings.
- The Pearl: This is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the city. It consists of five gigantic hot water tanks with a domed revolving restaurant situated at the top.
- The Reykjavik Art Museum: Situated in a former port warehouse, this stylish museum has been renovated to provide an innovative space for showcasing contemporary Icelandic and International art.
Reykjavik is a beautiful city that it is easy to feel at home in, especially when visitors decide to stay in a vacation rental.