- Mission Beach View all rentals (562)
- Downtown View all rentals (467)
- Balboa Park View all rentals (341)
- Gaslamp View all rentals (222)
- Pacific Beach View all rentals (379)
- Ocean Beach View all rentals (733)
- Old Town View all rentals (131)
- Little Italy View all rentals (105)
- Marina View all rentals (133)
- East Village View all rentals (57)
- Mission Bay Park View all rentals (308)
- Gaslamp Quarter View all rentals (103)
- Sunset Cliffs View all rentals (37)
- Point Loma View all rentals (46)
- Mission Valley View all rentals (30)
Rentals Near San Diego Attractions
About San Diego
San Diego is the very essence of Southern California cool. In this sunny city, streets are lined by swaying palm trees, neighborhoods are fringed with long sandy beaches, and everything is infused with a laid-back West Coast attitude. From the dramatic seaside bluffs of Torrey Pines State Reserve to the long white sand stretch of Ocean Beach, San Diego's beautiful coastline is a perfect vacation destination for families, adventure, or simple relaxation. A Southern California attitude pervades life in San Diego. In trendy Pacific Beach, you can linger over an iced coffee in one of the neighborhood's breakfast shops, as surfers pass through the streets in wetsuits and sunglasses. Take a walk along the white sand shores of Mission Beach then watch the sunset as a flock of pelicans glides over the water. If you are up for a more upbeat evening, take the kids to Old Town for a delicious Mexican meal in one of the city's bustling restaurants.
California's most Southerly city, San Diego has a climate that is temperate all year long, with the best weather and warmest water during the summer months. A pet-friendly city, San Diego, CA, is even a great place to bring the pooch, where he can make friends at San Diego's famous Dog Beach.
While the sand and surf are some of San Diego's main attractions, the city is also chock full of cosmopolitan pleasures, such as the excellent shopping and dining in the Gaslamp Quarter. Just a few miles from the Mexican border, you'll find plenty of burritos and Baja-inspired fish tacos in San Diego's casual eateries, as well as excellent gastro-pubs and fine seafood restaurants dotted throughout the city's hip neighborhoods.
It's easy to spend all your time relaxing on the beach, but when visiting San Diego, don't miss:
- The San Diego Zoo: One of the finest wildlife parks in the United States
- Coronado Island: Located in the peaceful waters of San Diego harbor, this unique island has beautiful beaches and a famous old hotel
- SeaWorld: A theme park with dolphin and killer whale shows, aquariums, and family fun
- Old Town: A lively neighborhood with Old West architecture, Mexican food, and mariachi musicians
- La Jolla: A beautiful upscale neighborhood with great shops and restaurants
- Mission Beach: A laid-back seaside community with cafes and shops
- Balboa Park: With its classic Spanish architecture, huge gardens, and wide range of museums, this is the one of the best attractions in the city.
- Point Loma Lighthouse: From the top of Point Loma, you can get a great view of the naval base, downtown, and the surrounding areas.
If you are looking for a little luxury, a beachfront vacation rental, or a large Spanish-style villa is the best way to soak up San Diego's Southern California charms. Along the shores of Pacific Beach and other seaside neighborhoods, an ocean front house, or cabin can make the beach your backyard. A great place for a family vacation, San Diego's lovely residential neighborhoods like La Jolla and Claremont are filled with apartments and California condos, many just minutes from the city's best attractions.