San Jose Del Cabo
- Palmilla View all rentals (84)
- Puerto Los Cabos View all rentals (46)
- El Encanto de La Laguna View all rentals (11)
- Villas Del Mar View all rentals (21)
- Peninsula View all rentals (14)
- Club La Costa View all rentals (8)
- Las Olas View all rentals (7)
- Coral Baja View all rentals (8)
- Cabo Azul View all rentals (23)
- Club Campestre View all rentals (4)
- La Jolla de Los Cabos View all rentals (5)
- Laguna Hills View all rentals (3)
Rentals Near San Jose Del Cabo Attractions
Featured San Jose Del Cabo Properties
1 / 20
San Jose Del Cabo apartment
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
San Jose Del Cabo apartment
- 3 night min
About San Jose Del Cabo
Perfectly poised between the vast Pacific Ocean and the mellow Sea of Cortez, San Jose del Cabo is a small oceanfront city in Mexico's Baja peninsula. Smaller than the neighboring city, Cabo San Lucas, San Jose is a laid-back alternative for your Baja California vacation. For rest and relaxation, San Jose del Cabo can't be beat. There are numerous beautiful beaches for sunbathing around the city, as well as many more fantastic strips of sand on the famous corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Ocean sports are popular here, from swimming and snorkeling to jet skiing and parasailing. You can also ride a horse along the beach or learn to surf one of Baja's beginner breaks.
When you need a break from the surf and sand, do some shopping in San Jose del Cabo's charming downtown district, which is filled with colonial style houses and a pretty central church. In the tranquil streets around Plaza Mijares, San Jose's main square, you will find galleries, boutiques, Mexican craft shops, and fabulous restaurants. Seafood and fish tacos are a specialty of the region, where marlin, halibut, and tuna are caught fresh daily from the deep sea. Many of Baja's visitors also take a day to explore the unique ecosystems in the surrounding desert, heading out for hikes, sightseeing tours, or off-road adventures.
Baja California is one of the world's top sport fishing destinations, with a deep cold sea filled with marine life. Hire a charter to see if you can catch one of the region's famous marlin. If you'd rather spend your time observing marine life, head out for a whale watching tour in the Pacific Ocean.
If you are planning a trip to San Jose del Cabo, be sure to add these destinations to your itinerary:
- San Jose Estuary: Fresh water from the San Jose River meets the shore at this lovely protected estuary, a wonderful place for bird watching.
- Playa Costa Azul: This pretty stretch of white sand is one of San Jose's most popular beaches, as well as one of the safest for swimming.
- Playa Acapulquito: Just a quick jaunt out of town, this beach is a surfing and swimming destination on the corridor between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas.
- Palmilla Beach: The beautiful rocky shores of this San Jose beach are a great place for swimming.
- Land's End: It is worth a trip into Cabo San Lucas to visit the massive natural arch that towers over Land's End, or simply admire this unique rock formation from afar.
- Bahia Santa Maria: One of the region's best snorkeling spots, this curved bay is a filled with brightly colored fish and white coral.
The best way to experience Baja California is in a vacation rental near the shore. Find a home or condo in the city's lovely residential neighborhoods, many of which include sea views and private balconies. For a group or large family, consider an oceanfront villa, with a private pool and hot tub.