San Juan Islands
- Orcas Island View all rentals (31)
- San Juan Island View all rentals (47)
- Lopez Island View all rentals (13)
- Lummi Island View all rentals (5)
Rentals Near San Juan Islands Attractions
Featured San Juan Islands Properties
1 / 25
Friday Harbor house
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
Friday Harbor house
- Min stay varies
1 / 41
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- 3 night min
About San Juan Islands
The San Juan Islands are a series of heavily forested islands, adjacent to the Canadian border and overlooking the beautiful Puget Sound. They have become one of the most visited destinations in the state due to their abundance of outdoor recreational options, opportunities for whale watching, and beautiful sunsets. While you are here, check out the arts community around Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, or enjoy the fine dining options of Eastsound Village on Orcas Island. There are numerous ways to spend your time on the San Juan Islands, from visiting historical attractions to exploring the natural beauty of the area by boating or sailing.
- Go Whale Watching: There are a few local companies that offer tours led by biologist guides to the prime orca whale watching waters.
- Mount Constitution: Located at the top of the Cascade Mountain Range, this mountain offers breathtaking views of Orcas Island and the surrounding areas, and is also a popular spot for camping.
- Go Bird Watching: With over 300 species of birds throughout the San Juan Islands, this is the perfect location to grab your binoculars and observe them up close.
- San Juan Island National Historical Park: A small museum dedicated to the history of the area and guided nature trails are just some of the attractions found in this popular local park.
The San Juan Islands are known for having one of the most vibrant art communities in the state, and the events and festivals held here throughout the year are a reflection of that. Listen to short plays from some of the best playwrights in the region at the Annual Local Playwrights Festival in May, get a close-up look at the art being created throughout the islands during the San Juan Island Artists Studio Tour in June, or cheer on the competitors competing in the Poetry Slam Off every May.
Whether you're looking for a rustic cabin on one of the more secluded islands, or a luxury condo in the middle of all the action, there's a vacation rental available on the San Juan Islands that can cater to your needs and your budget.
If you're looking to explore the region outside of the islands, some of the biggest cities in the U.S. and Canada are just a short drive away. Both the beautiful city of Seattle and the gardens of the British Columbia city of Victoria can be reached in less than 90 minutes by car.