- DownTown View all rentals (135)
- West Beach View all rentals (33)
- East Beach View all rentals (28)
- Mission Canyon View all rentals (17)
- Waterfront View all rentals (10)
- San Roque View all rentals (8)
- Upper East View all rentals (8)
Rentals Near Santa Barbara Attractions
Featured Santa Barbara Properties
1 / 12
Santa Barbara cottage
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 5
Santa Barbara cottage
- 30 night min
About Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara lies along a stretch of the southern California coastline that some visitors call "The American Riviera". The winding coastal roads and beautiful scenic overlooks give way here to inland farms and vineyards, Spanish inspired ranches, and the kind of sagebrush countryside written about by John Steinbeck. While you're here, visit the old Spanish missions built by early settlers, some of which are now museums, explore the vistas of the Santa Ynez valley, take a sea kayaking eco-tour along the coast, and visit the Santa Barbara zoo or the botanical garden to learn more about the native plant and animal life in this area. And of course, you'll need to experience the world-class restaurants of Santa Barbara to taste the offerings of some of the richest and most diverse farmland in the country. The oldest organic farm in southern California is located here, and it's open to the public.
Here are some additional suggestions if you're looking for things to do:
- Explore the canyons: Go hiking or bicycling through Romero Canyon in Montecito, or hike the Hot Springs Trail to a majestic Santa Barbara overlook.
- Go shopping: Stroll along the charming and elegant Coast Village Road, considered one of the best shopping districts in Montecito.
- Take a winery tour: A Santa Barbara winery tour is a wonderful way to experience the true beauty and rolling vineyards of the California countryside.
- Experience live music: Enjoy live music and other entertainment in Alameda Park and Chase Palm Park. Other great places for concerts around Santa Barbara include the Cold Springs Tavern and the bars and music venues on State Street.
- Meet the ostriches: Have a close encounter with ostriches and emus at Ostrich Land in Buellton.
- Visit the museums: Go to the Carriage and Western Art Museum on Castillo Street to learn more about the history of transportation in California and see how this landscape has inspired artists for centuries.
Like most of southern California, Santa Barbara is beautiful all year round. Despite its popularity among travelers, it's still always easy to find a vacation rental here. Book a trendy apartment downtown or find a luxury condo close to the beach. No matter where you decide to stay, Santa Barbara is great place to relax, enjoy the sun, and create lasting vacation memories.