- Santa Teresa Gallura View all rentals (245)
- Porto Taverna View all rentals (54)
- Portisco View all rentals (23)
- Alghero View all rentals (634)
- Costa Smeralda View all rentals (540)
- San Teodoro View all rentals (289)
- Cagliari View all rentals (626)
- Stintino View all rentals (269)
- Santa Teresa di Gallura View all rentals (229)
- Costa Paradiso View all rentals (228)
- Villasimius View all rentals (339)
- Porto Rotondo View all rentals (302)
- Budoni View all rentals (150)
- Orosei View all rentals (234)
- Valledoria View all rentals (79)
Rentals Near Sardinia Attractions
Featured Sardinia Properties
1 / 38
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- 5 night min
Laying closer to the African continent than the Italian mainland, Sardinia is rich with lush, semitropical landscapes and stunning pastoral scenes of groves and orchards. Despite its warm climate, pristine coastline and rugged natural beauty, Sardinia isn't overrun by tourism and is an excellent place to enjoy an authentic Italian holiday. The archipelago is also ideal for island-hopping, and the smaller surrounding islands make for great day trips on the smooth waters of the Mediterranean.
If you're visiting Sardinia, here are some suggestions for places to visit:
- Alghero: With a strong Catalan influence in its architecture, culture, and history, Alghero is one of the most unique cities in Sardinia.
- Bosa: Situated in the western part of Sardinia, Bosa is widely considered the most beautiful and picturesque town in the region.
- Santa Teresa di Gallura: If you're going to spend time in one of Sardinia's coastal resort areas, Santa Teresa di Gallura offers a more authentic, less commercial experience than Costa Smeralda.
- Cagliari: This one-of-a-kind city manages to combine fascinating historical attractions and beautiful architecture with a cosmopolitan feel despite its relatively small size.
- The "nuraghi": These curious prehistoric stone fortresses dot the Sardinian landscape and have yet to yield their mysteries to investigators. They are concentrated around beautifully preserved Bronze Age-era settlements, making for a fascinating look into the area's long history of human habitation.
Staying in a vacation rental during your Sardinian holiday provides a more authentic and relaxing holiday experience. Rentals offer visitors a lot more space and privacy than hotels, and they are beautifully furnished with all the amenities of home. Whether you're on a romantic getaway, traveling with your family, or part of a group holiday, a vacation rental makes an ideal choice.
Continue your Italian holiday by heading to neighboring Sicily, a Mediterranean island with a culture all its own. If you're feeling adventurous, you can take a boat or plane to nearby Tunisia in northern Africa for a truly unique vacation experience.