Rentals Near Sooke Attractions
Featured Sooke Properties
On the shores of Vancouver Island, surrounded by some of the oldest rainforest ecosystems in the Pacific Northwest, lies the unique coastal vacation town of Sooke. Sooke offers endless warmth, hospitality, charm, and access to unforgettable wilderness adventures. In addition to world class dining and a quirky live music scene, Sooke is home to a number of wilderness outfitters, bike, boat and beach gear rental facilities, golf courses, and horseback riding stables. To get the most out of your time in Sooke, schedule a stay in a vacation rental of your own within easy reach of all your favorite activities.
Wake up in your private condo or cabin in the mountains. Enjoy coffee on your private balcony as the sun rises over the island, and then plan the day's adventures at your own pace. Visit a Sooke museum or art gallery, stroll the shopping areas downtown, play on the beach, or relax in a luxury spa. Then head for the trails of any of the wilderness areas and nature preserves on Vancouver Island. There you can hike to a breathtaking waterfall and go bird watching and see eagles and ospreys fishing, or take a fishing trip of your own. At the end of a day of outdoor adventures, head home to your condo and grill the day's catch on your vacation rental's private deck.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go on a zip lining adventure: Go on an exhilarating tour of the forest canopy at high speed.
- Join a charter salmon fishing excursion: Salmon fishing is a popular activity in Sooke. Charter a boat and head into the deep rivers and water ways during the high season.
- Spend an afternoon at the Sooke Potholes: These curious geological formations have become a lively swimming destination. Swim, sunbath, or watch daredevil cliff divers leap from the ledges above.
- Go horseback riding: Stables in and around the Sooke town center can offer guided trail rides into the deep forest for a few hours or a few days.
- Go hiking or mountain biking: Rent a mountain bike in town or explore the wilderness on foot. Trails around Sooke offer hiking and biking at varying inclines and levels of difficulty.
- Go sea kayaking: Bring your own kayak or rent one in Sooke, paddle along the coast and explore the thriving marine ecosystems of the northwest.
You'll never run out of fun things to do and places to explore in Sooke. Be sure to book a condo or cabin rental here as they are often less expensive and offer more amenities than hotels. And luckily, finding a vacation rental in Sooke is easy, no matter what time of year you are planning to visit. While you're visiting Sooke, be sure to explore other nearby destinations like Nelson and Parksville.