Featured Southern Shores Properties
About Southern Shores
Relaxation is the name of the game in the beautiful, oceanfront community of Southern Shores, North Carolina. Situated on the Outer Banks, north of Kitty Hawk and south of Duck, this residential area provides access to pristine and uncrowded private beaches. Some of the activities visitors can enjoy include swimming, surfing, hiking, biking and tennis. There are also sound-side marinas and the Westside Park, the latter featuring a playground area designed for the whole family.
Be sure to check out these destinations while in Southern Shores:
- Coastal Provisions Market: This local gourmet food shop features seafood, gourmet meats, artisan cheeses, and more.
- Wright Brothers National Memorial: Situated in nearby Kill Devil Hills, this museum celebrates the Wright Brothers' first flight and provides a fun, educational experience for the whole family.
- Southern Shores Crossing: This shopping complex includes several stores and food outlets, including a spa.
- Spa Services: The region features several spas that provide a variety of massages, facials, and treatments.
- Duck Woods Country Club Golf Course: Located in nearby Kitty Hawk, this golf club is semi-private, has practice facilities, and a restaurant onsite.
- Private Beaches: There are plenty of spots to enjoy sand, surf, and water sports including kayaking, wind surfing, and sailing.
During the year, there are a number of events in the region that visitors will enjoy, including the Outer Banks Bike Week in April, the Hang Gliding Spectacular in May, and the Duck Summer Music Series, from June through August. No matter what time of year you visit you'll have no trouble finding a vacation rental. Book a luxury home with oceanfront views or rent a condo that is located right on the beach. If you have some extra time, taking a few day trips to other local communities, such as Duck and Kitty Hawk, are definitely recommended.