Featured Tempe Properties
1 / 46
2 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 6
- 3 night min
Home to Arizona State University, Tempe is a warm and friendly college town located in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. If you are planning a trip to the Southwest, Tempe can make a great home base when visiting the Phoenix area. For a little food and recreation, there are dozens of restaurants, bars, and cute boutiques in Tempe's Mill Avenue District. If you'd like some excitement, head down to Sun Devil Stadium to see some ASU teams in action. The annual Tempe Music Festival and the P.F. Chang's Rock N Roll Marathon also draw big crowds to the town. There are also hiking trails and scenic drives throughout the region, which are great for mountain bikers, climbers, or other adventure enthusiasts. For golfers, Tempe will put you close to the action, with world-class greens, including the four-star ASU Karsten Golf Course in Tempe proper.
Additionally, Tempe is close to everything the city of Phoenix has to offer. If you are visiting Tempe with kids, the Phoenix Zoo, the Arizona Science Museum, and the Desert Botanical Garden are all easily accessible by car. If you visit Tempe in the summer, you should head into the city to see a Diamond Backs game at Chase Field or take a day trip to Prescott or Sedona. The adjacent city of Scottsdale is another worthy day trip, where you can visit upscale boutiques and fine dining restaurants in a pleasant Southwest setting.
If you'll be spending some time in Tempe, be sure to check out:
- Arizona State University: Stroll through the buildings, lawns, and sporting greens at Arizona State University in Tempe, the biggest ASU campus in the state.
- Tempe Marketplace: This enormous and well-designed mall has more than one million feet of shops, restaurants, and activities, including an ice-skating rink.
- Tempe Town Lake: Located in the beautiful Papago Park, Tempe Town Lake offers boating, walking, or biking opportunities, right in the city. There are often special events in this public space, including live music.
- Tempe Center for the Arts: This multi-purpose cultural center is located in an amazing modernist building. You can see local acts, like the Tempe Symphony, as well as exhibitions and concerts by famous names in music and art.
- Nelson Fine Arts Center: Located on the ASU campus, this multi-genre arts center is home to a theater, the University Art Museum, and a dance performance space.
For golfers, finding a condo or villa rental near one of Tempe's golf courses is the best pick for your vacation. However, there are also many affordable and luxurious apartment rentals in Tempe's residential districts, which put you close to both recreation and the big city.