Texas Hill Country
- Austin View all rentals (463)
- Fredericksburg View all rentals (259)
- Wimberley View all rentals (170)
- New Braunfels View all rentals (168)
- Canyon Lake View all rentals (146)
- Bandera View all rentals (42)
- Lago Vista View all rentals (23)
- Dripping Springs View all rentals (34)
- Spicewood View all rentals (5)
- Marble Falls View all rentals (21)
- Seguin View all rentals (8)
- Comfort View all rentals (604)
- Boerne View all rentals (33)
- Lake Travis View all rentals (87)
- Mason View all rentals (12)
Rentals Near Texas Hill Country Attractions
Featured Texas Hill Country Properties
1 / 27
6 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 14
- 3 night min
1 / 24
New Braunfels house
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 11
New Braunfels house
- Min stay varies
About Texas Hill Country
Texas Hill Country is known for its rolling hills and rugged natural beauty that spans a large part of central Texas. Texas Hill Country is the perfect destination for a relaxing family vacation. The area offers many great ways to explore the outdoors, experience the nightlife and culture of Austin, and make some lasting memories. If your family enjoys boating, swimming, hiking, bird watching, and exploring, find a vacation rental big enough for the whole crowd and spend a few weeks in the heart of Texas. In addition to outdoor activities, there are plenty of golf courses, spas, museums, and live theater venues in the cities and towns of Hill Country. No matter what you're looking for, you'll be able to find it here!
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in the area:
- Go shopping: Explore the quaint boutiques and friendly, quirky antique shops of Boerne, Gruene, and Fredericksburg. Time your visit to coincide with a Fredericksburg Trade Day, a large open market that happens the third weekend of every month.
- Visit the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center: Learn about the native plants of Texas Hill country in this well maintained outdoor botanical garden in South Austin.
- Explore the trails: Go hiking and bicycling along the trails of Lake Buchanan, Enchanted Rick, and Reimer Ranch. If you're feeling adventurous, take a ziplining eco-tour through the canopy of the protected Hill Country forest in Spicewood.
- Play in the water: Go tubing on the Comal River in Gruene, or visit Pedernales State Park for some spectacular waterfall viewing.
- Visit the caverns: The caverns of Sonora represent one of the most active cave systems in the world. Take a guided tour and hunt for gems.
- Hear some live music: Live music is an essential part of the nightlife in Austin. Try the Broken Spoke or the Cactus Cafe, just two of many popular but also intimate venues.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy your trip to Texas Hill Country, and no matter when you decide to visit, you'll have no trouble finding a place to stay. Book a vacation rental in the quaint heart of historic Fredericksburg, or find a trendy condo in downtown Austin. If you'd like to be closer to the state parks and wilderness areas, rent a cozy lakeside cabin and watch the sun rise from your own private dock.