Featured Torquay Properties
1 / 19
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- No min stay
1 / 16
3 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
Along the scenic shores of Devon, in the heart of what's often called the English Riviera, lies the quaint and lovely vacation destination of Torquay. Torquay was a refreshing seaside getaway for distinguished British families in an earlier era and still draws visitors today from all over the world who come to take in the salt breeze, watch the sailboats in the distance, and stroll the downtown shops, museums, and theatres. Torquay also offers beautiful destinations for outdoor adventures. Hike the trails, go bird watching, rent a bicycle, or have a picnic in a Torquay Park.
The best way to get the most out of your visit to Torquay is by staying in a vacation rental of your own. Vacation rentals allow you to relax in comfort and style and plan the day's adventures at our own pace. Wake up in your seaside cottage or condo in town and enjoy breakfast on your own private balcony. Then wander downtown and visit historic sites, museums, caverns, and the tranquil sunny beaches. Be sure to save some time to tee off on an emerald golf course, relax in a luxury spa, or take a tour of the English countryside. At the end of the day, enjoy fish and chips at a local pub or head home to your home away from home and host dinner for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit Kents Cavern: Torquay is home to some fascinating natural caverns. Take a guided tour or explore the caverns on your own.
- Visit Torquay's Dinosaur World: This fun and educational attraction is a great place to learn about the ancient natural history of the Devon coast.
- Explore the Torre Abbey: Tour the beautiful, vine covered ruins of this medieval abbey.
- See a show at any of Torquay's Theaters: Torquay is home to several popular theatrical venues including the Babbacombe Theatre and the Princess Theater.
- Explore the gardens: Visit Cary Gardens or the botanical gardens at Cockington Court, a historic Torquay palace surrounded by blooming plants and trees.
- Play on the beach: Head for the shores of Torquay with a sun hat and a good book. Swim, snorkel, or just lie on the golden sand and relax.
Torquay is a scenic and inspiring place to visit during any season of the year. You'll never run out of fun things to do here and you'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental that can help you get the most out of your visit. While you're in Torquay, consider extending your trip to include a visit to London, just a short trip away.