Featured Townsend Properties
1 / 32
5 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 15
- Min stay varies
1 / 28
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 16
- Min stay varies
Known as one of the gateways to the Great Smoky Mountains, Townsend, Tennessee has everything you need for a relaxing getaway. With a number of options for outdoor sports and adventure, several great local museums and cultural attractions, and some of the best Southern cuisine in the area, this charming town has it all! The most popular restaurants and shopping can be found along Depot Street, but the main attractions are scattered throughout the city, so be sure to explore all of Townsend.
While you're in the area, try to make time for some of these must-see sites and activities as well:
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: With over 500,000 acres of property, 800 miles of trails and 1,400 species of plants, this huge piece of wilderness is the quintessential Townsend experience.
- Echobrooke Farm: Stroll through the countryside in a horse-drawn carriage and stop for a picnic or candlelit dinner along the way.
- Mountain Sage Gallery: This popular local gallery features the work of some of the finest artisans in East Tennessee.
- Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center: Dedicated to preserving the heritage and culture of the mountain communities in East Tennessee, this center houses many Native American artifacts and historic structures.
- Go Tubing: Spend a fun-filled day tubing down the Little River, one of the most beautiful rivers in the area.
- Rivermill Antique Mall: This family owned antique mall has a reputation for high priced finds at very low costs.
Despite its small town status, Townsend holds a number of big events and festivals throughout the year. Celebrate Appalachian arts and crafts during the Annual Heritage Festival in June, sample the rides and games of one of the largest county fairs in the state held every October, or watch the best lumberjacks in the country compete in chainsaw carving and ax throwing during the "Sawin' in the Smokies" Mountain Festival in October.
With properties ranging from beautiful cabins deep in the Smoky Mountain wilderness, to luxury condos with amazing views, there's a vacation rental available that's perfect for your time in Townsend.
If you have some extra time after you have explored the wilderness in and around Townsend, schedule a day trip to nearby Knoxville or the eclectic city of Chattanooga.