Featured Truro Properties
1 / 16
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- Min stay varies
1 / 41
3 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 6
- 7 night min
Lying on the northern tip of Cape Cod just two hours away from Boston, Truro is a postcard perfect Outer Cape summer vacation destination. Come here to be swept away by the old world charm of this village, which was founded nearly three hundred years ago on shipbuilding and whaling industries. Relics of these old ways of life can still be found in the local historical museum or a trip to the Cape Cod Highland Lighthouse, also known as the Cape Cod Light.
Explore the side streets of Truro and go shopping in the quaint craft stores and local art galleries. Take a hike or bike ride along the rocky shoreline trails. Drift away from shore in a sailboat or take a charter fishing trip. And after a day of adventures and beautiful sights, enjoy the freshest seafood of the Atlantic at any of the world-class restaurants downtown.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Go on a whale watching excursion: Take a chartered boat trip away from the coast to view dolphins, humpback whales and other now protected marine life in their natural habitat.
- Play on the beach: Swim, snorkel, explore the tide pools or just bring a good book and relax. Ballston Beach and Cornhill Beach are popular, family friendly destinations.
- Take an eco-tour: Rent a sea kayak and explore the rocky shores on your own, or take a tour with an experienced guide and learn more about the biodiversity of the northeast coast.
- Visit the Truro Historical Society Museum: Learn more about the history of the area from the Native Americans who once made their home along these shores.
- Visit the Highland Lighthouse Museum: Located beside the lighthouse, this museum offers knowledgeable guides and additional information about this historic structure.
- Go canoeing along the east Pamet River: This is a popular activity in Truro. The river is quiet, beautiful and teeming with birds, butterflies and forest life.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in Truro, and you also won't have any trouble finding the perfect place to stay. Be sure to book a vacation rental close to your favorite activities. Rent a condo near the luxury spas and Highland Links Golf Course, or a beautiful summer villa overlooking the blue waters of the Cape.