Featured Verona Properties
As the legendary backdrop for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, ancient Verona is one of the most beautiful cities in Italy. Along every street and piazza, the architecture and outdoor sculptures here continue to showcase the city's golden era in the 14th century. Come here to take a step back in time. Explore the churches and monasteries. Relax in a sunny park or sample a gelato beside one of Verona's public fountains. Visit the art museums and see the work of the great Italian masters. Take a cooking class and learn how to bring the traditional flavors of Verona home with you.
In the evening, see a world-class opera or ballet performance or experience authentic regional cuisine at restaurants headed by world-class chefs. You'll find an exciting cultural experience around every corner here, and every moment in Verona offers a new way to make lasting vacation memories.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Visit the Arena di Verona: This preserved Roman amphitheater was built in the first century AD. Come here to see the ancient structure and watch an opera performance.
- Climb the Torre dei Lamberti: Climb to the top of this 250 foot tower built in the 15th century to see breathtaking views of the Italian countryside.
- Relax in Sigurta Park: Wander the winding paths of these beautiful formal gardens. This is a perfect place to enjoy the sun and rest your feet for a while.
- Spend some time in the Piazza delle Erbe: This public square was once an ancient Roman forum. Now it's bustling with colorful fruit and vegetable markets, surrounded by historic architecture.
- Visit the Church of San Zeno Maggiore: This beautiful Romanesque church was built in 1135. Step inside to see the preserved interior and explore the extraordinary cloister attached to the church.
- Wander the galleries of the Museo di Castelvecchio: This 14th century castle has now been converted into an impressive art museum housing some of Italy's greatest national treasures.
You'll find the city of Verona welcoming and beautiful no matter season of the year you plan your trip, though the streets may be more tranquil during the winter months. You'll also have no trouble finding a perfect place to stay here. Vacation rental opportunities are plentiful all year long in every quarter, so find a trendy apartment or elegant condo close to your favorite activities. You may also want to reserve a classic Italian villa with balconies overlooking the bustling life of the city. While you're visiting Italy, consider include a trip to nearby Venice or Florence in your plans.