Featured Vienna Properties
As the capital of Austria, Vienna is a city rich in arts, culture, and history. There are several museums, historic sites, and architectural structures for travelers to take in while they are here. Visiting the homes of famous composers, such as Haydn and Mozart, and attending a performance of the Vienna Boys Choir at the State Opera House are popular attractions for residents and visitors alike. Nature and animal lovers will enjoy the city's lush surroundings or a trip to the Spanish Riding School where celebrated Lipizzan stallions perform. Biking, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and rock climbing are among just a handful of outdoor activities to enjoy here as well.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Vienna:
- Kunsthistorisches Museum: This museum showcases one of the finest art collections in the country as well as several priceless objects that were designed specifically for the emperors of Hapsburg.
- Sch”nbrunn Palace: Situated a short distance outside of Vienna, this exquisite structure and surrounding park are well worth a visit. Guests can tour the grounds to hear all about the history of the palace's 22 rooms.
- St. Stephen's Cathedral: This renowned church is considered Vienna's most important. It is easily one of the city's most well-known symbols with a spectacular facade that features multi-colored roof tiles.
- The Vienna State Opera House: With a history dating back to the 19th century, this illustrious structure hosts more than 250 performances each year.
- The Vienna Prater: The city's landmark amusement park, the Prater, showcases a 65-meter-high Giant Ferris Wheel that overlooks the area's 200 booths, go-karts, merry-go-rounds, and more.
- KunstHausWien: This museum features a global collection of modern art as well as the work of Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Hundertwasser, a renowned artist and architect, is also the museum's designer.
Get the most out of your time in Vienna by staying in a vacation rental. Whether it is an apartment near the city center or a condo or villa on its outskirts, visitors will find a flurry of activity at every turn. For those wanting to relax closer to the countryside, a wood-side cabin may be just what you had in mind.