Featured Wells Properties
The charming historic town of Wells, located on the coast of Southern Maine, is one of the oldest communities in the state. The architecture along its winding side streets attests to its history. Come to Wells to escape from the bustle of everyday life and enjoy a laid back vacation in a quaint, friendly beach town with a local population of less than 10,000 residents. Relax on the beach, stroll the town center, and explore the rocky coast with its pristine sand dunes and busy tide pools.
Experience the best of Wells by staying in a private vacation rental. A secluded summer condo or vacation house just a few steps from the beach can offer all the space you need to store your beach chairs and fishing equipment. A vacation rental can also offer the amenities you need to relax with you family and friends, like a full living room and a gourmet kitchen. Wake up in the morning and watch the sun rise from the balcony of your beachfront home away from home, then spend the day sailing, shopping, or hiking the trails of the many nature preserves and wildlife areas around Wells.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit Landhom Farm: Take a tour of this preserved old farmstead and family home, built during the turn of the century.
- Hike the trails: Wells, Maine camping areas and scenic hiking trails extend for miles outside of the city center and offer beautiful views of the Maine woods and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Visit the Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve: This reserve functions as protected land preserve but also as a research and education center.
- Visit the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge is a bird watcher's paradise and a great place to see elusive wildlife like hawks, foxes, otters, and black bears.
- Visit the Vaughn's Island Preserve: Rent a canoe, kayak, or bicycle and explore the island preserve from on or off the scenic coast.
- Go dolphin watching: Charter tours are available that can take you out to the deep water habitat of the dolphins in the area. You can also see them splashing in the waves from the shore.
You'll never run out of fun things to do and beautiful places to explore in Wells, Maine. Spend the day outdoors in the sun and sand, and then come home to your vacation rental. Host dinner for your family and friends, relax on the deck of your condo, and then enjoy a campfire on the beach. While you're in Wells, don't miss the chance to visit nearby vacation destinations like Portsmouth and Cape Cod.