Your search for the perfect Playa del Carmen vacation rental is over. You will not find a better overall rental value in all of Playa del Carmen. This is the condo you've been looking for and here are some reasons why:
* Price! You get the most 'bang for your buck. Taxes and fees are always included in your rental price. There are no hidden costs. Cleaning before you arrive and after you depart is free. Your bottled water is free and your maid service twice a week is free. Remember this when you compare condos.
* Safety! You can truly relax when you are at your condo because your safety is assured. Your condo is located in the gated community of Playacar and the condo has its own trusted security staff that work 24/7 to make sure you can unwind and enjoy your quiet condo atmosphere with its large beautiful pool and assigned off street covered parking.
* Personal Assistance! Your attentive bi-lingual manager lives right next door to you and she will make sure your condo is meticulously cleaned and even give you your own cell phone so you can contact her whenever you have a question. She can also arrange child care for you, provide a chef it you want an authentic Mexican meal prepared in your condo, have her do some pre-arrival shopping for you and many other personalized services. She will meet you as soon as you arrive and give you instructions on how everything works. These are just a few of the personalized service she can provide you and all you need to do is ask. It's just another way to insure that you have trouble free vacation.
* Best Free Beach Access! Your condo is directly across the street from the internationally renowned-all inclusive-Reef Resort. The Reef Resort is the free beach club for all properties in Playacar so you have the most convenient free beach access of any other condo in Playacar. There is no need for you to take a taxi or drive to get there. Just take a two minute garden stroll through the Reef Resort to the emerald blue Caribbean Ocean's white sand beaches and use your VIP card to access the beach, chaise lounges under your own palapa, three swimming pools, pool games, guided exercise classes, scuba lessons and a fitness center all for free. If you want to purchase an all inclusive pass for unlimited, drinks, food and non-motorized sports, you receive a 25% discount.
* Quiet-Updated-Well Appointed! Your condo is a large penthouse unit with vaulted ceilings and an open ambiance. And because there is no one above you, you won't be disturbed by someone walking on bare marble floors . Your condo was updated in March of 2013 and features new furniture, new window treatments, new rugs, a second TV in the master bedroom, new towels and linens and fresh new paint. There is quiet central air conditioning in your condo, not noisy wall units. The master bedroom has a top quality pillow top queen mattress and features an adjoining full bathroom. The second bedroom has two quality twin beds that can easily be pushed together and, if you need them, there are two top of the line 4 inch thick twin foam mattresses that you can cover with twin sheets. The second full bathroom is across the hall. The condo boasts 1500 square feet and features a large patio with furniture so you can unwind in quiet solitude after your day exploring the many area attractions.
* 5 Star Reviews! As you know, word-of-mouth is one of the most credible forms of advertising because people who don't stand to gain personally by promoting something put their reputations on the line every time they make a recommendation. Here are some recent comments from guests who have enjoyed Chac-Ha:
The four of us have all expressed a deep desire to return to Playa (hopefully sooner than later!). When we do, I can assure you'll be hearing from us to hopefully take up residence at Chac-Ha #203! Thank you again for being so great to work with and making this vacation a dream.
Best to you Gordon--Mark and Julie
Dear Gordon, We have just returned from your piece of paradise! I am so grateful for you and VRBO. I really can't imagine going back to the resort style vacation with the small rooms and crowds all the time. The condo was absolutely perfect. It was cheerful, clean and comfortable. The view was amazing, we loved the privacy and always felt safe. Our son and his wife were in one room which was far enough from us to feel like we had our own house, yet the common areas were spacious, festive and fun to share. Thank you for providing all the bottled water that we needed. We were very appreciative of the private Chac-Ha pool. It was quiet and beautiful and we barely shared it with anyone else. We saved money by shopping for simple breakfast and lunch items, but ate out in town every night. We went to the Reef Resort every day for the beach for free- thanks!
If you would like to receive references from people who have enjoyed Chac-Ha, just ask and you'll receive their email addresses.TripAdvisor property ID 2298837...Read more
Left on 11/25/2012 for a stay in November 2012 | GailReviewed Nov 25, 2012Stayed Nov 2012
We had a great time staying at the Paxman condo this November. It's a comfortable, attractive and well equipped condo in a well maintained complex. The pool area is a nice place for relaxing. The complex is within walking distance to the main restaurant & shopping area of Playa del Carmen (5th ave)and an inexpensive taxi ride if you are too tired to walk 15 minutes. Having Dish Network us television and reliable wifi was a plus. We also appreciated the tips offered by the friendly couple that oversee the condo. If we get back to Playa del Carmen, we'll happily book this place again.
Left on 08/24/2012 for a stay in August 2009 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Aug 24, 2012Stayed Aug 2009
Our family with two girls (10 and 13) had a wonderful time. Playacar itself is a safe, clean and picturesque resort village full. The condo is very convenient with only a 15-minute walk or $5 us cab ride to 5th avenue, a Mecca of shops, restaurants and bars to last a lifetime. Supermarkets are also within easy reach. Condo itself is quiet, very spacious and well equipped. It felt like a home to come back to every day. Reef Hotel across the road is stunning with great white beach. We only had one buffet meal there, which was ok. Watch out for the time-share sharks! There is a nice small pool with the condo, which was empty most of the time, The Reef has a bigger pool (2) and comes with frenetic entertainment staff that out on exercise programmes and pool games. No kids club though. Eating out in 5th avenue at most of the restaurants is going to cost about $250 pesos per head for main course, drinks and a dessert. Watch out for your bill. We got overcharged a few times and had to make a little British scene. Gordon was a pleasure to deal with and very helpful the whole time. Staff at the condo is very friendly and provide security as well as keeping the gardens blooming. There are loads of things to do in the surrounding area, We stuck to the resort and only ventured to Xcaret, an environmental theme park which is a ten-minute cab ride away. It is brilliantly done with underground rivers to float down and swimming with dolphins. The latter is extra (a lot extra) but worth it all the same. We were here in July and the resort was lively but not at all busy due to the economic downturn and swine flu concerns. Great for us and no fighting over sun beds. It was mostly Mexicans and americans/Canadians on holiday here. Weather was hot and sunny and quite humid so we beached it in the mornings and sheltered inside for the siesta time, All in all, I cannot recommend this highly enough as a resort, place to stay and Gordon as your host.
Left on 08/22/2012 for a stay in April 2012 | Alain RabutReviewed Aug 22, 2012Stayed Apr 2012
Review Submitted april 27, 2012 Date of Stay april 3, 2012
We had an excellent time at the condo. This was the first time we rented a condo. We are a family of five which included two teenage boys and a six year old boy. Although not new, it was fairly large condo, well maintained, and situated in a perfect location within Playacar. We were on the top floor and the view of the golf course and pool from the balcony was nice. The swimming pool was excellent and rarely used. We used it daily. The neighbours were all very friendly and made us feel welcomed. It was a very quiet neighbourhood. We felt completely safe where ever we went. Directly across the street was a beautiful beach that was accessible through the Reef Resort. It was a spectacular beach. It was only a short walk to Playa del Carmen, approximately 15 minutes, and we were in the middle of the excitement of 5th avenue. We walked this at least once a day. The walk was beautiful. We also walked to access the Collectivo and ado transportation systems to get to certain locations that we toured such as Xel Ha, Xcaret, Crococun Zoo. This made it easy to budget for a family. Also, along this walk to Playa del Carmen, there is a turn off through the park area along side some Mayan ruins, that leads to a large and beautiful public beach. When we arrived at our condo we had a few issues that caused us concern. However, we contacted the owner of the property and the issues were resolved very quickly. We were extremely impressed on how quickly it was resolved and we were treated extremely well by the lady maintaining the condo in the absense of the owner. We loved everything about it. The condo itself; the location (Playacar) is amazing; the proximity to PDC; and the owner/assistant of the condo were very accommodating. For these reasons we would not hesitate in renting, or recommend others, to rent this wonderful place.
Left on 08/16/2012 for a stay in December 2011 | SwabrosReviewed Aug 16, 2012Stayed Dec 2011
Loved the condo. Great furnishings, awesome beds. Location is fantastic. Nice walk to Restaurants. Arrangement with the Reef resort works well. Gordon was excellent to deal with and replied in timely and helpful manner regarding any questions.
Left on 08/16/2012 for a stay in August 2012 | DamajenReviewed Aug 16, 2012Stayed Aug 2012
We had a great time staying at the condo which is spacious and clean. Condo is right across from The Reef Resort which we had access to with the owners VIP card. Close to 5th avenue shops and restaurants, just a 15 minute walk from the condo. Great WiFi in the condo along with us cable channels we were able to watch the Olympic Games. Would definitely recommend.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.