Two gites in a renovated 16th century Manor House in french Brittany
Description from the owner
Manor of Kermenguy (16th century) is located in the middle of a park of three hectares and a half with trees and flowers very close to village of Pleumeur-Gautier in northern french Brittany.
Manor of Kermenguy, which was the subject of a complete restoration some years ago, has received Vieilles Maisons Françaises (French VMF-heritage label) distinguished "History House" it was renovated in the old.style with ancient materials.
The Manor House which has been completely restored is now a large britton estate who has retained charming attributes: a rare logis-porche-framed building dating from the 16th century with a round tower which is the spur from the nearby paths, a courtyard with a time well and a Longère.
Pleumeur-Gautier, town of 1200 inhabitants located in the center of the peninsula called "wild" 4 km from the sea and Lézardrieux Trench Talbert. 4km from Tréguier and Lézardrieux,(marina) 10km from Paimpol. Bakery and grocery store are within walking distance (two hundred meters) and a small market settles on Sunday morning instead.
Many excursions are available within 20 kms (Bréhat island, the rocks of Plougrescant, Treburden, Perros-Guirrec (7 Islands Birds), pink granite coast, Lannion, castle of Tonquedec,
Le Manoir is organized around a courtyard adorned with a closed well 16th century.
Both cottages (gites) are located at angles southwest and northeast of the square and have a separate entrance on the park side. Both cottages have a WIFI internet connection
The Logis-Porch (approximately 120m2)
The oldest part of the property, it consists of three rooms with exposed beams and can accommodate 6 people.
• On the ground floor, a large living/dining room with wood burning Norwegian stove in the fireplace plus a fully equipped kitchen and an adjoining bathroom WC. The kitchen has a refrigerator with freezer, dishwasher, oven, electric induction, microwave oven, etc. ....
• Upstairs two large rooms, served by the spiral staircase in the tower: a 160cm bed in the first room (with wood burning stove and satellite TV) over the passage of Logis-porche and two beds ( one 160 and one 140) in the adjacent second bedroom, a bathroom with separate bath, shower, toilet and bidet, washing machine and dryer.
The cottage opens onto a private terrace in the park with garden furniture and barbecue.The Logis-porche is furnished with antique furniture. Firewood on request.(at cost) Sheets are supplied
The Longère (90m2)
It has been renovated in a contemporary style and can accommodate 6 people in three bedrooms.
• It comprises on the ground floor a living room with kitchen, a fridge with freezer, a dishwasher, a washing machine and a dryer, electric heating and satellite TV:
• Upstairs, three bedrooms with one bed in 180cm, in the second and third, each with two beds of 90cm
• Bathroom with shower and bidet, separate toilet.
The cottage opens onto a private terrace in the park with garden furniture and barbecue.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.