- 1 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
Description from the owner
This very special place will be of interest to an individual, or couple who:
seek an extended stay in a traditional Italian village;
value privacy, along with proximity to a vibrant cultural area;
love birdsong and sea to sky vistas;
take pleasure in walking scenic mountain paths;
cherish fresh local food, and love cooking.
• designed and built by an international artistic director, this architectural jewel has to be seen to be believed
• accessed through a traditional cancello, or gate, this completely independent private house on a spectacular promontory is reached via descending staircases(approx.25 steps) and garden terraces ...Read more
Home for 2 overlooking spectacular Amalfi Coast
Positano, Campania, Italy
Additional Location Information
From a parking area/ bus stop outside the entrance to the village of Nocelle, the property is reached approximately 200 meters through the village via walkways and staircases leading to the gate of the property.
Parking along the road to the entrance to Nocelle is free.
NOTE: Nocelle is an authentic mountain village. All movement in and around the village is by foot, using walkways, staircases and footpaths. Time itself seems to slow down in this small part of the world free of cars.
• The house is situated in the village of Nocelle, on a terraced hillside, 450 meters directly above Positano, with an awe-inspiring 180 degree unobstructed view of the sea, from Li Galli (the enfabled islands of the Sirens) on the north, to the village of Praiano below and the coastal mountains of a vast regional park to the south as far as Salerno.
• Perched on a rocky ledge at the end of winding road of incredible vistas, Nocelle is a centuries-old village, with two restaurants, one of which is a pizzeria, and a small grocery store. The village is surrounded by a natural park reserve, the Regional Park of the Monti Lattari, encompassing the entire Sorrento-Amalfi peninsula. Laced with enchanting pathways through small villages, the park extends from Nocelle 19 km, as far as Amalfi. It is the starting point of the world famous Sentiero degli Dei (Walk of the Gods).
• Between Nocelle and Positano(5km) below, is the village of Montepertuso (2km), with 2 grocery stores, 1 cafe and 5 outstanding restaurants.
(We can connect travellers with a local tour guide for historical tours, short walks, or extended day hikes in the surrounding area)
For the culinary traveller…
For many of our guests, a highlight of their visit to the Amalfi Coast is the discovery of the wonderful regional cuisine of Southern Italy. In response to many requests, we now offer a local cooking class like no other. For our guests, we can arrange an afternoon and evening in Nocelle with a village family, culminating in a five course dinner. Accompanied by a professional translator, guests are “put to work” selecting fresh produce from the garden, learning through demonstrations of local cooking techniques passed down from generation to generation, assisting in preparing several unique dishes, and finally enjoying the results around the family table. This is a rare opportunity to make local cultural connections in an intimate village setting.
Nocelle is centrally located on the Amalfi Coast, enabling easy day trips to Sorrento(18.5 km), Ravello(28 km) , Pompei(36km), Capri(30 min. by ferry from Positano), Amalfi(22 km) and Paestum(90 km).
Taxi service, as well as the regular Sita bus service, is available for day trips.
5 km from Positano, via Montepertuso @ 2km.
(Regular bus service from Nocelle-stopping at Montepertuso-to Positano: 20 minutes).
Car is not necessary
Last updated on February 28, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 284 other Positano rentalsCheck Availability for Positano
- Local Guides/Maps
- Linens Provided
- Housekeeping Optional
- Central heating
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Ceiling Fans
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Ocean or water views
- Stove or Oven
- Balcony or terrace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - ask
- Suitable for the elderly - no
- Wheelchair accessible - no