From its storied past as a port town of the medieval Amalfi Republic, over the centuries Positano has attracted artists, intellectuals and lovers to its incomparable beauty and hospitality. Today, it remains one of the world’s premier luxury tourist destinations.
This apartment is situated in a large family villa in the Fornillo area of Positano, perched in the heart of the city, yet surrounded by the serenity of sweeping sea views and cascading terraced gardens. In a city known for its beauty, this property embodies the best of Positano in a completely private setting.
• Entered through a traditional cancello, or gate, the gardens of the villa lead to the apartment on the western(?) end of the building.
• From an outside entry, 15 descending steps lead into the living area of the apartment.
• The interior is tastefully furnished, approx. 50 sq. metres, with a living room, 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms and kitchen.
• The well-equipped kitchen includes a cooktop and oven, refrigerator, and clothes washer.
• The bedroom with queen bed has a full ensuite bathroom(sink, bidet, toilet, shower). Large glass doors present views to the sea, and the famous “Li Galli” islands.
• The living room has a sofa bed suitable for 2 children, or a 3rd adult.
• Off the living area is a ½ bathroom(sink, bidet, toilet).
• Glass doors from both the living room and bedroom open on to a spacious, terrace of approx. 50 sq. metres.
• The shaded terrace, with views to the beach and sea, has a large dining table with ceramic top and 5 chairs, and a smaller table with 2 chairs. Two comfortable reclining chairs are provided, as well as an outdoor shower.
• From the villa, a private staircase leads to a path to the beach at Fornillo.
The property is reached from a flight of 52 steps descending off the via Trara Genoino, a footpath accessed by approximately 54 descending steps from the Viale Pasitea, the main road through Positano.
(Please note that Positano is fittingly named “the vertical city”, where staircases are an integral part of the beautiful architecture of the town. Porters can be hired for assistance with luggage.)
Positano is centrally located on the Amalfi Coast, enabling easy day trips to Sorrento(18.5 km), Ravello(28 km) , Pompei(36km), Capri(30 min. by ferry from Positano), Amalfi(22 km) and Paestum(90 km).
Taxi service, as well as the regular Sita bus service, is available for day trips.
(We can connect travellers with a local tour guide for historical tours, short walks, or extended day hikes in the surrounding area)
For the culinary traveller…
For many of our guests, a highlight of their visit to the Amalfi Coast is the discovery of the wonderful regional cuisine of Southern Italy. In response to many requests, we now offer a local cooking class like no other. For our guests, we can arrange an afternoon and evening in Nocelle with a village family, culminating in a five course dinner. Accompanied by a professional translator, guests are “put to work” selecting fresh produce from the garden, learning through demonstrations of local cooking techniques passed down from generation to generation, assisting in preparing several unique dishes, and finally enjoying the results around the family table. This is a rare opportunity to make local cultural connections in an intimate village setting.
Gas, electricity and water are included in the rental price.TripAdvisor property ID 3035127...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.