Hide Property Details
Description from the owner
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Type: Apt. / CondoPozzallo sea sun & surf in Sicilian Baroque heart
Description from the owner
Lovely super attic on second floor of a quiet and small 8 apartments condo inhabited by families of locals and only 150mt from the sea. Everything is new inside and the apartment was furnished with modernity and taste and it's really big, 130 sq.m.! 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large living and dining room, modern kitchen with a big crystal table and a cupboard, even a spacious ironing laundry storage room with kitchen cabinets, closet shelf, washing machine and an extra sink. Leading from the big living room are two spacious balconies, one connects the kitchen to the main bedroom while the other with sliding glass windows and a nice view can be used...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
Response rate 68%
Response time Within 2 days
Calendar updated today
Overall rating4.5 / 5.0 based on 4 reviews
Pozzallo sea sun & surf in Sicilian Baroque heart
Pozzallo, Sicily, Italy
Additional Location Information
Pozzallo is one of the most popular tourist area of the Sicily southeast coast belonging to Ragusa province and is the first port for the tourist contacts with Malta.
You won't believe but this charming town, placed between long beaches, unpolluted sea and an inland rich of culture and art (the Hyblean baroque) is more southern than Tunis in Africa!
- Sunshine, clear blue sky, transparent waters and long sandy natural beaches perfect for tanning, baths, long daily walks and with the afternoon thermal wind kite surfing.
- The Cabrera Tower, symbol of the town, built in the fifteenth century
- The seaside Promenade, recommended for children, very large and wide, with palms and a bicycle lane will invite you out for walks to take at night a fresh sea breeze together with a fantastic icecream or the famous Sicily's speciality the “granita” which you won't find equal outside the isle!
- Vendicari Natural park for flamingo and other migrating birds is only 30Km away, nearby a beautiful tiny fishing village where you can have a drink or a good meal listening music.
Place to visit:
- Ragusa Ibla (30Km) the older lower town with numerous examples of fine Baroque palaces and churches.
- Situated a few kilometres to the south of Ragusa is the town of Modica (20 Km) Unesco preserved town for his Baroque palaces and churches and known for a special chocolate they produce there.
- Even closer to Pozzallo the two other Baroque towns: Scicli (20 Km), with its gorgeus palaces and churches and Ispica (15 Km) where worth a visit is the Cava d’Ispica, a deep gorge, about 13km in length with on the sides prehistoric tombs and caves
- Siracusa (65 Km), Syracuse in English, was once one of the key Cities of the ancient Greek world. The old town is centred on Ortigia, which is a promontory connected to the mainland by the Umbertino bridge. Famous town historical site is the Doric Temple of Apollo, built in 6th century BC and considered the oldest in all Western Europe.
- Last but not least Noto (30 Km) which has been considered the most beautiful Baroque Sicilian town and you cannot miss being only half an hour drive from Pozzallo!
Other suggested trips but far away are:
- Catania (120 km but direct bus) with the town, 3000mt high Etna Volcano still alive and erupting
- Beautiful Taormina (170 km) with Naxos gardens or
- Agrigento (172 km) on the west with his Archaeological and landscape Park of the “Valley of the Temples” which gives you a breath taken scenario of an ancient Greek town and temples with the surrounding area, crossed by the Akragas and Ypsas rivers, extending up to the hill of Montelusa and the sea of St. Leone.
How to reach us:
Closest airport (120km) is Catania Fontanarossa. In September should be possible to use the new and closer Comiso airport (56km).
From Roma daily direct bus service to/from Pozzallo.
From Catania railroad station (25 min) via bus AST daily service with stop at Catania airport and then direct connection (75min) with Pozzallo (stop in V.le Europa 150mt from the apartment.
You get down then proceed backward on V.le Europa, turn right at the under pass and proceed on the right for less than 100mt until you hit the first road on the right wher you turn and that one is my street Via Avv. A. Santangelo, in the second building at n. 4 there is my apartment. Ring Caterini 2nd floor leftmost door on the left apt. 5.
From Malta daily fast ferry service (2h) to Pozzallo port, there you can rent a car (Hertz) or have a taxi ride to my house (25 min walk).
From Naples daily ferry service (12h trip) to Catania Port
From Genova daily ferry service (19h trip) to Palermo Port then bus or car
From Catania airport take express way, follow posted sign to Siracusa, enter in A18/E45 expressway and follow sign to Siracusa/Gela till the end of the expressway in Rosolini. Turn left, pass a railroad gate and again left taking SS115, you will pass Ispica town, proceed straight on SP46 following posted sign to Pozzallo (12 km). On the second roundabout take the first exit then after 80mt turn left in the V.le Europa under pass, arrival at the first street on the right Via Avv. A. Santangelo, the 2nd building on the right n. 4. Ring Caterini 2nd floor leftmost door on the left apt. 5.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations
Nearest ferry port: Pozzallo Port (Malta fast Ferry service), 2 miles
Nearest train station: Pozzallo station
Nearest airport: Comiso, 35 miles
Car is not necessary
What Past Guests Are Saying
Have you stayed here? Write a review
4 guest reviews