Elegant San Miguel Centro Home, Sweeping Views – Home 2284500 House
- 3 bedrooms
- 7 sleeps
- 3 nights min stay
Elegant San Miguel Centro Home, Sweeping Views – Home 2284500
- 3 bedrooms
- sleeps 7
- 3 nights min stay
- Not suitable for children
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
Casa Joya (or "jewel house"), offers you The Best of Both Worlds -- The History of Colonial San Miguel and the Vibrancy of Contemporary Mexico.
- A beautiful, newly constructed 3 bedroom vacation home (completed in 2007)
- Designed by award winning San Miguel resident architects House + House
- A showcase of the amazing architecture of Mexico today
- Contemporary styling with walls of glass and high ceilings
- Sunny and full of light, a rare feature in many San Miguel houses.
- Warm, soothing colors
- Stylishly and comfortably furnished
- Regional art throughout
- Wonderful views from inside and out
- Featured in the book, "Houses in the Sun"
- Selected to be on the SMA House and Garden Tour
Casa Joya is in a wonderful central location of the Historic Centro:
- Close to all you will want to see and do but on a quiet residential walkway, away from traffic noise
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Historic Centro
- An easy 7-minute stroll to the Jardin (the Central Plaza), the focus of the towns many festivities, walking tours, restaurants, shops and galleries.
- Just 2 blocks from the main Mercado (offering an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers, meat and poultry)
- Just 2 blocks from the wonderful, must-see Artisan Market
- Less than 10 minutes to the Biblioteca, a popular place for activities such as lectures and concerts.
Details of our San Miguel Vacation Rental:
- Three (3) floors and 2500 square ft. offer both a feeling of space and privacy
- Master bedroom on first floor with king bed and en-suite bathroom
- Well equipped contemporary kitchen -- set up for ease and convenience.
- Two story living room offers a fireplace, comfortable seating and social space
- A patio off the kitchen features a dramatic two-story water wall sculpture studded with cobblestones
- Two bedrooms on the 2nd floor: one with a queen bed and the other with two twins. The twin beds can also be converted into a second king bed
- 2nd bathroom has striking tile work and polished concrete details (see photo).
- Family room on the 3rd floor views, TV and hidden wet bar. Also has a pull out couch for additional sleeping arrangement.
- Inviting and comfortable roof terrace with wonderful vistas of the historic town center. Partially covered so it is perfect for day or evening. Ideal for quiet reading, cocktails, conversation, and watching twilight and evening fall over San Miguel's historic skyline
- A second terrace has unparalleled views of five of San Miguel's major churches and the western mountain sunsets
- Maid service 3x weekly. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping (if requested). Light cooking (breakfast or an occasional comida) is offered for an extra fee
- Vonage Phone Service -- Using our dedicated Vonage phone you can make free telephone call to and from anywhere in the U.S.
We built Casa Joya to be a home away from home, making sure it was comfortable and functional as well as a delight to the eye.
Here is what recent visitors Peter and Jackie from Ontario, Canada had to say about Casa Joya:
"Our very favorite place to stay, Casa Joya has so many wonderful attributes. Among them are its stunning views of the city and the surrounding Sierra, its perfect location so close to the center of San Miguel, and the marvel of the Casa itself, beautifully designed and the terrace is so beautifully lit at night it makes one wonder if its all real. It is so light and airy that the interior and courtyards seem to be one. We spent four weeks there and we highly recommend it."
Bed & bathroom
- 1 King Beds, 2 Twin beds
- 2 Full baths, 1 Half bath
- Mountain Views
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Ceiling Fans
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
This rental can only be paid for online through FlipKey using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
Damage deposit: $500.00
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
50% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 4 weeks before check-in.
4 weeks before
No refund if cancelled less than 4 weeks before check-in.
* The booking fee is stated in the cancellation policy information on the payment page. This fee helps us run our secure platform and enables us to provide 24/7 customer support
About the owner
- Calendar last updated:
- 21 Apr 2020
- Years listed:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, Swedish
– based on 14 reviews
- Very Good
“Perfect for 5”
What an excellent adventure! The house is gorgeous, almost like being in a tree house! Note, be sure you can climb stairs because you will want to make many trips to the beautiful roof patio to view t… More
“Excellent, beautiful, comfortable home”
The house has a beautiful architecture with very nice nice terraces that have great views over the city. It's very cozy with great beds and large bath-rooms. Well-equiped and nothing missing. Ide… More
“Wonderful place to stay”
We have been to San Miguel a few times before but we wanted to step it up and have a home that was as beautiful as the town itself yet right in the heart of the historic center. Casa Joya was all tha… More
Hola Iona: Not only is this truly a beautiful home, it's so close to everything you want to get to. This place is not only in the Centro, but the Centro Historica (even better) so it's so … More
“Way beyond our expectations”
When we read the description of Casa Joya it seemed to good to be true. But when we got here it turned out to be even better than expected. Sweeping views, centrally located, beautiful regional art,… More
“Our Family had the best Christmas ever at Casa Joya!”
Iona, I want to thank you for letting us stay in your amazing Casa Joya home in San Miguel. We had an incredible time and the architecture and layout of your home is brilliant - we were so happy there… More
“One month at Casa Joya in San Miguel de allende”
I choose San Miguel de allende for it's culture, beauty, weather in November and December and artist colony. What I got was that and so much more. Casa Joya was the perfect location. You are able… More
Hi Iona, Just wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time at Casa Joya -- and we really enjoyed San Miguel very much. I think the TV got turned on once for about 5 minutes! You… More
“The perfect location, wonderful home, everything you need and more!”
Best trip ever! We loved San Miguel and feel so lucky to have stayed at Casa Joya - it is a jewel! Staying there absolutely made our trip complete. It is beautifully designed and decorated -- in k… More
“Fantastic House, Excellent Location”
This house is fabulous, an easy few blocks to the center of town. It is located off of a quiet alley, and has a wonderful contemporary design and beautiful tiled bathrooms. This three story home had … More
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Annie (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your booking to send the owner a message.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Annie (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Annie (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your booking to view Annie the owner's contact details or send them a message.
- What's the difference between 'Book your stay' and 'Contact the owner/manager'?
Use the Ready to book? form to pay provisionally online and send Annie (the owner) a booking request. You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then
Or send Annie (the owner) an inquiry through the Contact the owner/manager form if you’d like a quote or more info first.
- What is a booking request?
When you pay online through the Ready to book? form, a booking request is sent to Annie (the owner). You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
To book this property you need to pay through the Flipkey website. Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection. This means that in the unlikely event that you’re prevented or denied access to the property when you check in, we’ll offer a full refund for the stay.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Simply enter your dates in the Ready to book? form to calculate the cost of your stay.
Click Book now to see a full breakdown of the price.
You can also request a quote from Annie (the owner) through the contact form. The owner will email you the total cost for your dates and a link to book and pay online.
- How do I know if my booking request has been accepted?
You’ll receive an email within 24 hours to let you know. Or you can check in Manage your booking. No money will leave your account unless it’s accepted.
- How do I pay for my vacation?
Use the Ready to book? form to pay provisionally online. You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal. Annie (the owner) will have 24 hours to accept the booking and no money will leave your account before then.
If you’ve been sent a quote, simply accept it and pay online through the email we sent you. You can also do this in Manage your booking.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- Why can't I call Annie (the owner) before booking?
You can exchange contact details with the property owner/manager once your booking is confirmed and you’ve paid in full. Paying and communicating only through our platform allows us to ensure that your booking is covered by our Payment Protection policy.
If you have any questions before booking, you can send the property owner/manager a message via the contact form on their listing. Once you’ve booked, you can discuss the rental and make arrangements for your trip by logging into Manage your booking.
- How do damage deposits work?
In most cases, you don’t pay a damage deposit up front. Instead, we save your payment details securely and you’re only charged in the event of damage to the property.
Occasionally, you will pay a damage deposit up front as part of the total rental cost. In this case, the owner has 10 days after you check out to report any damage. If they don’t, we’ll return your deposit. If their claim is successful, we’ll deduct the agreed cost and return the remainder.
- How can I view and manage my booking?
Go to Manage your booking to view all your booking details, pay the balance of your booking or cancel it if you need to.
- How do I pay the balance of my booking?
You can pay the remaining balance of your booking at any point. Simply go to Manage your booking and click Pay now.
We’ll automatically charge the balance payment to the same payment method 10 days before it’s due. Go to Manage your booking to see when the payment will be taken.
- How can I withdraw my booking request?
You’ll need to contact Annie (the owner) to do this. Send them a message in Manage your booking or through the contact form on this page.
- How do I cancel my booking?
Go to Manage your booking to cancel your booking. Here you can view your cancellation policy to see if you’ll be refunded.
- How do I make changes to my booking?
You can request to change the dates or number of people on your booking via the Manage your booking page. To change your dates use the Edit booking button. If you need to change the number of guests staying then send Annie (the owner) a message.
If Annie (the owner) agrees, they’ll send you a revised quote outlining the changes. You can review and accept/decline this from the Manage your booking page. You’ll have 48 hours to take action before the revised quote expires.
Build your perfect trip, with Flipkey & Tripadvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours