Description from owner
Description from owner
2 Full baths
I am Trevor Alt and this is KONEA 142, the KING of the GROUND FLOOR 2 bedroom 2 bath condo-tel homes at the Honua Kai Resort & Spa.
This private oasis is uniquely located in the quiet North corner of this luxury resort. Enjoy 1,230 square feet of interior living space, with 2 large bedroom suites with an open living and dining room and kitchen floor plan between the bedroom suites. Oversized custom glass doors open the entire wall to an huge lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn area with more than 400 square ft. of outdoor space. From there it is a short walk of less than one minute down a beautifully manicured grassy walkway to the beach, passing the pools, the gas BBQ area, and Duke's Restaurant and Barefoot Bar on the way.
It's so convenient for hanging out at the pools or beach to pop into your own condo to use the bathroom, freshen your drink, have a snack, or grab some of the provided snorkeling equipment, boogie boards, or beach chairs! You'll only use the elevator to get the the underground parking. Right around the corner is the full gym for an invigorating workout with weights, cardio, or yoga classes and the spa offers full treatments for indulgent pampering. You deserve it!
Honua Kai is the best resort in West Maui. It offers all the conveniences of home and all the amenities of a luxury hotel resort and spa. There is a reef right in front of the resort, great for snorkeling with the turtles.
WHY choose my Ground Floor Unit Konea 142 at Honua Kai:
- Ultimate ground floor convenience with the front and back doors located literally one minute away from the 3 pools, beach, BBQ area, gym, spa, Duke's Restaurant, and underground garage
- Extra high 11 foot ceilings (only on the ground floor), spacious lanai with furniture and your private lawn
- Very private and quiet location within resort with special tropical landscaping around lawn
- luxurious high thread count sheets
- What you see in the pictures is what you get (vs. hotel booking gives no choices on the exact unit to stay in)
- You'll be personally greeted by my on island representative Michelle Camina when you arrive at Honua Kai and she'll show you around with Aloha
WHAT my unit offers:
• Fully equipped kitchen with state-of-the-art Bosch appliances and granite slab counter tops
• Spacious bathrooms with separate tubs, glass door showers and double granite slab vanities
• A king size bed in each master suite (one of which can be split and made up as 2 twins)
• A queen sleeper sofa in the living room with an upgraded mattress. The most comfortable sofa bed mattress I've ever been on
• Large flat screen HD TV’s with DVD/CD/Blueray player in in every room + DVD collection (Living room TV is a 65 inch Samsung 4K with Playstation 4)
• Wi-fi/Internet access, cable, and telephone with free long distance to US and Canada
• Beach towels and additional linens & towels
• Better rates and more value than you get booking through the "official" hotel and all these extras they don't offer:
• Several Quality Boogie Boards
• Several Sets of Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins)
• 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs
• Tommy Bahama beach umbrella
• Portable rechargeable bluetooth wireless stereo speaker system for indoors or to take with you
• Plenty of good quality cooking and serving utensils including BBQ tools and coolers
• No daily resort fee like the $29 per day + tax the "official" hotel charges, you pay just $15 per day + tax for parking (billed separately)
ABOUT Honua Kai:
- Most luxurious beachfront 'condo-tel' in West Maui (completed in 2011).
- Received AAA's coveted 4 Diamond award.
- On-site restaurants, poolside food & drink service, valet & bell service, concierge, beach activities desk, 24-hour fitness center, full service spa, BBQ grills, etc.
- 3 pools! Intimate/quiet/adult pool, a larger infinity edge pool, a lazy river, a large central pool with slide, 2 waterfall grottos, shallow sandy bottom pool for little kids and 5 hot tubs.
- Snorkeling and swimming with turtles and tropical fish right in front of the resort
- The boardwalk along the beach leads to Black Rock and Whaler’s Village with its wonderful shopping and restaurants
- located on world famous Kaanapali Beach, ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world
- Enjoy whale watching and amazing sunsets from the resort, as well as views of neighboring islands Lanai and Molokai to the West and the West Maui Mountains to the East.
Across the street is a shopping center including:
- Times supermarket
- Best Coffee in Maui cafe
- Pizza Paradiso (also serves gelato, kebabs, etc.)
- DVD rental store (no membership needed)
- Soup Nutz's & Java Jazz Bar & Grille with Live Music
- ABC Store
- Nachos Grande mexican restaurant
- Slappy Cakes (cook your own pancakes on a griddle at your table)
More Property Details
Book this 2 bedroom apartment in Ka'anapali today! A total of 6 people can sleep here comfortably.
Travelers are sharing their opinions on this property. It has an overall rating of 5/5 thanks to an average of 3 reviews.
Costs vary, with the average weekly rate as low as $2975 to as high as $6139, depending on travel dates.
The owner responds to 100% of inquiries and last updated the property’s calendar Nov 21, 2018.
Read more Read less
About the owner
About the owner
Tourist License: TA-003-658-9568-01
- Response rate:
- Calendar last updated:
- 21 Nov 2018
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
- Check in time:15:00, Check out time:11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through FlipKey using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
Proximity to TripAdvisor's Top Ka-anapali Attractions
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Staffed property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
Phone / Internet
- Internet access
- Wireless Internet
Pool / Spa
- Children's pool
- Jacuzzi or hot tub
- Shared outdoor pool (heated)
- Elevator access
- High chair
- Mountain Views
- Secure parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- CD player
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Private garden
- Shared garden
- Tennis in town
- Smoking not allowed
- 2 Full baths
– based on 3 reviews
- Very Good
“Great condo at Ka'anapali Beach”
Our family of 4 had a great time staying at this spacious 2 bedroom condo at Honua Kai Resort. The layout of the condo was great with two bedrooms separated by spacious open concept kitchen, living and dining rooms. The grounds of Honua Kai are quite beautiful and extremely well kept. Our kids loved the three different themed pools, all with varying depths of water which is made them appropriate for kids of all ages and swimming abilities. The portion of Ka'anapali Beach that the resort is located on is peaceful and pristine, and it was never overcrowded. Underground parking was extremely convenient. Having Duke's restaurant/bar on the grounds of the resort was a plus. No complaints at all about this rental - all the conveniences of staying in an upscale hotel but with the added benefit of more space and a fully stocked kitchen. Reservation process was a breeze. Would definitely consider renting this property for future stays on Maui.
Response from the owner Thank you for the kind review. I love the location of our condo on the ground floor on the North end of the resort which is the most quiet and private part of Honua Kai. I am always pleased when a guest appreciates the choices I made when setting up what I believe to be the best vacation experience available on Maui and of course Maui No Ka Oi! (Maui is the best). Mahalo, owner/manager Trevor Alt
“Beautiful condo, fabulous resort, stunning beach - what else could you ask for?”
We just returned from a lovely vacation at this gorgeous condo at Honua Kai resort. I can't say enough what a great place this is and how much I appreciated Trevor's commitment to making this a perfect stay. First of all, the combination of this fabulous condo with 3 nice pools, Duke's restaurant and Ka'anapali beach just couldn't be beat. The condo itself is completely new and clean and HUGE! The big glass doors opening up to the lanai were incredible - every evening after a day of swimming, we would open up the doors and let the evening breeze in. The first floor location made it really easy for us to go back and forth from the pool, beach and hotel room - something especially helpful given that we had 3 children including a baby. The stocked kitchen was really nice and even motivated us to cook more than we had planned. The beds were super-comfortable (my husband and I both noticed that our backs didn't hurt the entire week) and the two-zone air conditioning worked well. Our daughters - age 10 and 11 - couldn't get enough of the pool which has a slide and waterfall and so many areas to explore. They also snorkeled for the first time with the snorkeling equipment that came with the condo and they fell in love with snorkeling. It was so convenient to have that and the boogie boards on hand, rather than having to rent equipment each time. When we finally decided to have a night in, the 3 tvs in 3 different rooms were great so that we weren't stuck watching kiddie shows. One of the best parts of this place was its location on Ka'anapali beach. Not only is it just stunning but this section isn't crowded like some of the other sections down the road. We enjoyed swimming, snorkeling and watching the sunset and if you walk down the path, you can find even more peaceful spots to just lay your towel down under the shade of a tree. We will definitely return - thank you, Trevor!