Konea 142 Honua Kai | GROUND FLOOR with HUGE lawn! Conevenient private location! – Home 2323254 Apartment
- 2 bedrooms
- 6 sleeps
- min stay varies
Konea 142 Honua Kai | GROUND FLOOR with HUGE lawn! Conevenient private location! – Home 2323254
- 2 bedrooms
- sleeps 6
- min stay varies
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 0.1 mi
- Swimming pool
- Child Friendly
- Car advised
- Air conditioning
- No pets allowed
- Private garden
Description from owner
For new bookings in response to Covid-19 we have implemented a MAUI / HONUA KAI COMMON ELEMENTS GUARANTEE in the contract providing for a refund. See page one of contract, which will be provided during the booking process.
I am Trevor Alt and this is KONEA 142, the KING of the GROUND FLOOR 2 bedroom 2 bath condo-tel homes at the Honua Kai Resort & Spa.
This private oasis is uniquely located in the quiet North corner of this luxury resort. Enjoy 1,230 square feet of interior living space, with 2 large bedroom suites with an open living and dining room and kitchen floor plan between the bedroom suites. Oversized custom glass doors open the entire wall to an huge lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn area with more than 400 square ft. of outdoor space. From there it is a short walk of less than one minute down a beautifully manicured grassy walkway to the beach, passing the pools, the gas BBQ area, and Duke's Restaurant and Barefoot Bar on the way.
It's so convenient for hanging out at the pools or beach to pop into your own condo to use the bathroom, freshen your drink, have a snack, or grab some of the provided beach chairs, towels, cooler, etc.! You'll only use the elevator to get the the underground parking. Right around the corner is the full gym for an invigorating workout with weights, cardio, or yoga classes and the spa offers full treatments for indulgent pampering. You deserve it!
Honua Kai is the best resort in West Maui. It offers all the conveniences of home and all the amenities of a luxury hotel resort and spa. There is a reef right in front of the resort, great for snorkeling with the turtles.
WHY choose my Ground Floor Unit Konea 142 at Honua Kai:
- Ultimate ground floor convenience with the front and back doors located literally one minute away from the 3 pools, beach, BBQ area, gym, spa, Duke's Restaurant, and underground garage
- Extra high 11 foot ceilings (only on the ground floor), spacious lanai with furniture and your private lawn
- Very private and quiet location within resort with special tropical landscaping around lawn
- luxurious high thread count sheets
- What you see in the pictures is what you get (vs. hotel booking gives no choices on the exact unit to stay in)
WHAT my unit offers:
• Fully equipped kitchen with state-of-the-art Bosch appliances and granite slab counter tops
• Spacious bathrooms with separate tubs, glass door showers and double granite slab vanities
• A king size bed in each master suite (one of which can be split and made up as 2 twins)
• A queen sleeper sofa in the living room with an upgraded mattress. The most comfortable sofa bed mattress I've ever been on
• Large flat screen HD TV’s with DVD/CD/Blueray player in in every room + DVD collection (Living room TV is a 65 inch Samsung 4K with Playstation 4)
• Wi-fi/Internet access, cable, and telephone with free long distance to US and Canada
• Beach towels and additional linens & towels
• Better rates and more value than you get booking through the "official" hotel and all these extras they don't offer:
• Several Quality Boogie Boards
• 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs
• Tommy Bahama beach umbrella
• Plenty of good quality cooking and serving utensils including BBQ tools and coolers
• No daily resort fee like the $29 per day + tax the "official" hotel charges, you pay just $15 per day + tax for parking
ABOUT Honua Kai:
- Most luxurious beachfront 'condo-tel' in West Maui (completed in 2011).
- Received AAA's coveted 4 Diamond award.
- On-site restaurants, poolside food & drink service, valet & bell service, concierge, beach activities desk, 24-hour fitness center, full service spa, BBQ grills, etc.
- 3 pools! Intimate/quiet/adult pool, a larger infinity edge pool, a lazy river, a large central pool with slide, 2 waterfall grottos, shallow sandy bottom pool for little kids and 5 hot tubs.
- Snorkeling and swimming with turtles and tropical fish right in front of the resort
- The boardwalk along the beach leads to Black Rock and Whaler’s Village with its wonderful shopping and restaurants
- located on world famous Kaanapali Beach, ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world
- Enjoy whale watching and amazing sunsets from the resort, as well as views of neighboring islands Lanai and Molokai to the West and the West Maui Mountains to the East.
Across the street is a shopping center including:
- Times supermarket
- Best Coffee in Maui cafe
- Pizza Paradiso (also serves gelato, kebabs, etc.)
- DVD rental store (no membership needed)
- Soup Nutz's & Java Jazz Bar & Grille with Live Music
- ABC Store
- Nachos Grande mexican restaurant
- Slappy Cakes (cook your own pancakes on a griddle at your table)
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- High chair
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: King bed
Bedroom 2: King bed
Beds in other rooms: Sofa beds
- 2 Full baths
- Wireless Internet
- Air conditioning
- Shared outdoor pool (heated)
- Children's pool
- Jacuzzi or hot tub
- Mountain Views
- Shared garden
- Private garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Staffed property
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- High chair
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Hair dryer
- Ceiling Fans
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Secure parking
- Elevator access
Interaction with guest
- Check in time: 15:00, Check out time: 11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through FlipKey using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
50% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 8 weeks before check-in.
8 weeks before
25% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 4 weeks before check-in.
4 weeks before
No refund if cancelled less than 4 weeks before check-in.
* The booking fee is stated in the cancellation policy information on the payment page. This fee helps us run our secure platform and enables us to provide 24/7 customer support
No smoking is allowed in the unit or on the lanai.
Family friendly - DVDs for all ages are provided. The living room TV has been upgraded to a 65 inch 4k Samsung with a Playstation 4 with games. Netflix on all 3 TVs. We have a pack n play and sipee cups. Boogie boards, beach towels, beach chairs, umbrella, and coolers are provided.
Mandatory parking fees are currently $15 per day plus tax. Owner will adjust the fee for parking after booking.
About the owner
- Average reply time:
- 2 hours 22 minutes
- Response rate:
- Calendar last updated:
- 24 Feb 2021
- Years listed:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
– based on 7 reviews
- Very Good
“A perfect spot”
A perfect spot to explore Maui from. The unit is wonderfully managed, perfectly set up, and communication is a breeze. The resort is really beautiful, and a perfect situation for food carts, groceries… More
Response from the owner Mahalo for the kind review. I love our location in Maui, and especially love the specific location of our condo in the resort, on the north end on the ground floor. We've also enjoyed the walk to the park next door and the setup with the food carts. We loved the delicious Thai food we brought back from there. Aloha, Trevor.
“Beautiful, spacious, private condo steps from the beach”
We had a wonderful stay here over the holidays - it was difficult to return home! The owner, Trevor, was very responsive and helpful from time of booking through the end of our stay. There were beac… More
Response from the owner Thank you for the kind words. My on island representative Monty and I like to think we are not in the accommodations business - we are in the hospitality business! We set ourselves apart from other options by providing superior, responsive, ALOHA service to our valued guests. I also provide as many extras as the condominium will hold because I know I appreciate these finishing touches when I travel, and we endeavor to attract and retain the most discriminating travelers. I also love the super convenient - yet private and quiet - location of our unit Konea 142 on the ground floor on the north side of the Honua Kai resort. There are only two units with ground floor access past our back door, which explains why our guests only occasionally see anyone pass by our private yard and lanai. Yet, it's only a one minute walk down this grassy path to the Viking barbecues, pools, and the restaurant, beach and ocean. It's also only a one minute walk from the front door to the lobby, concierge, elevator to the parking garage, Whaler's General Store, Spa, and 24 hour gym. I will look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay! Aloha, Trevor
“Relax in paradise”
We visited Hawaii for the 1st time & stayed at Honua Kai, Konea 142 early October & would definitely recommend it & plan to stay again! You’ll feel right at home with tons of amenit… More
Response from the owner Thank you for the kind review. One of the best decisions I ever made was to purchase the only 2 bedroom 2 bath condominium home on the GROUND FLOOR of the north side of the Konea building at the Honua Kai Resort & Spa. It's the most private and quiet part of the resort and it is arguably the MOST convenient unit for accessing the pools, beach, restaurant, gym, spa, concierge, and parking garage - both because you never have to wait for an elevator and because of our unique location within Honua Kai). Plus you only get 11 foot vaulted ceilings and your own yard on the ground floor. There is a "rocky" reef just off our beach which provides a habitat for fish and turtles that you can see when snorkeling, but can be a bit hard on the feet for wading. Sand moves up and down the coast depending on the wave action and seasonal weather patterns. As mentioned in the review, it's easy to walk a bit north or south to find a spot that's just right, and I really prefer being on the north portion of Kaanapali Beach (we are 1.4 miles north of Black Rock, with much more traffic on the south side of it. I send each guest a detailed set of recommendations for places to go for the best dining, snorkeling, boogie boarding, shopping, activities, etc. I've visited Maui more than 30 times myself so I have some great "local knowledge" to share to help set my brand of Aloha Maui vacation experience apart from other options. I like to say that we're not in the lodging business, we're in the hospitality business. Quick and thoughtful responsiveness to our guests is crucial to our success. I look forward to welcoming these guests back! Mahalo, Trevor.
“Wonderful Condo! LOVED every minute of this vacation and this location.”
This location is perfect. After worrying about where we wanted to be to satisfy two teenagers & two adults who are very active with enough things to do, we hit the jackpot for everyone here. The… More
Response from the owner Mahalo for the kind words. We love the location also and it always makes me smile when a guest appreciates the extra effort we put into providing all the extras we do to make the vacation experience amazing. My wife also loves that beach path for her morning runs. I will look forward to your next stay! Mahalo, Trevor
“Great condo at Ka'anapali Beach”
Our family of 4 had a great time staying at this spacious 2 bedroom condo at Honua Kai Resort. The layout of the condo was great with two bedrooms separated by spacious open concept kitchen, living an… More
Response from the owner Thank you for the kind review. I love the location of our condo on the ground floor on the North end of the resort which is the most quiet and private part of Honua Kai. I am always pleased when a guest appreciates the choices I made when setting up what I believe to be the best vacation experience available on Maui and of course Maui No Ka Oi! (Maui is the best). Mahalo, owner/manager Trevor Alt
My family of 6 stayed in Honua Kai #142 last month for 10 days and the condo/resort was excellent! Highlights: -Trevor was extremely easy to work with, was attentive, and did everything he could to … More
Response from the owner This is an older review but I just wanted to add that I continue to add amenities to the condo such as a lock for the nana doors that open to the lanai and yard that we enjoy on the first floor. I've also replaced the 44 inch living room TV with a 65 inch Samsung 4K model and connected a Playstation 4 to it. I've also added a powerful wireless router and you can stream movies to any of the 3 TVs in the condo. Duke's is great to have at the resort although it's only a 1 minute walk from our back door to the Viking gas grills and I like taking a beer or glass of wine with me when I barbeque there by the pool and ocean. Mahalo, owner/manager Trevor Alt
“Beautiful condo, fabulous resort, stunning beach - what else could you ask for?”
We just returned from a lovely vacation at this gorgeous condo at Honua Kai resort. I can't say enough what a great place this is and how much I appreciated Trevor's commitment to making thi… More
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Trevor (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your booking to send the owner a message.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Trevor (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Trevor (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your booking to view Trevor the owner's contact details or send them a message.
- What's the difference between 'Book your stay' and 'Contact the owner/manager'?
Use the Ready to book? form to pay provisionally online and send Trevor (the owner) a booking request. You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then
Or send Trevor (the owner) an inquiry through the Contact the owner/manager form if you’d like a quote or more info first.
- What is a booking request?
When you pay online through the Ready to book? form, a booking request is sent to Trevor (the owner). You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
To book this property you need to pay through the Flipkey website. Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection. This means that in the unlikely event that you’re prevented or denied access to the property when you check in, we’ll offer a full refund for the stay.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Simply enter your dates in the Ready to book? form to calculate the cost of your stay.
Click Book now to see a full breakdown of the price.
You can also request a quote from Trevor (the owner) through the contact form. The owner will email you the total cost for your dates and a link to book and pay online.
- How do I know if my booking request has been accepted?
You’ll receive an email within 24 hours to let you know. Or you can check in Manage your booking. No money will leave your account unless it’s accepted.
- How do I pay for my vacation?
Use the Ready to book? form to pay provisionally online. You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal. Trevor (the owner) will have 24 hours to accept the booking and no money will leave your account before then.
If you’ve been sent a quote, simply accept it and pay online through the email we sent you. You can also do this in Manage your booking.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- Why can't I call Trevor (the owner) before booking?
You can exchange contact details with the property owner/manager once your booking is confirmed and you’ve paid in full. Paying and communicating only through our platform allows us to ensure that your booking is covered by our Payment Protection policy.
If you have any questions before booking, you can send the property owner/manager a message via the contact form on their listing. Once you’ve booked, you can discuss the rental and make arrangements for your trip by logging into Manage your booking.
- How do damage deposits work?
In most cases, you don’t pay a damage deposit up front. Instead, we save your payment details securely and you’re only charged in the event of damage to the property.
Occasionally, you will pay a damage deposit up front as part of the total rental cost. In this case, the owner has 10 days after you check out to report any damage. If they don’t, we’ll return your deposit. If their claim is successful, we’ll deduct the agreed cost and return the remainder.
- How can I view and manage my booking?
Go to Manage your booking to view all your booking details, pay the balance of your booking or cancel it if you need to.
- How do I pay the balance of my booking?
You can pay the remaining balance of your booking at any point. Simply go to Manage your booking and click Pay now.
We’ll automatically charge the balance payment to the same payment method 10 days before it’s due. Go to Manage your booking to see when the payment will be taken.
- How can I withdraw my booking request?
You’ll need to contact Trevor (the owner) to do this. Send them a message in Manage your booking or through the contact form on this page.
- How do I cancel my booking?
Go to Manage your booking to cancel your booking. Here you can view your cancellation policy to see if you’ll be refunded.
- How do I make changes to my booking?
You can request to change the dates or number of people on your booking via the Manage your booking page. To change your dates use the Edit booking button. If you need to change the number of guests staying then send Trevor (the owner) a message.
If Trevor (the owner) agrees, they’ll send you a revised quote outlining the changes. You can review and accept/decline this from the Manage your booking page. You’ll have 48 hours to take action before the revised quote expires.
Build your perfect trip, with Flipkey & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours