LOCATION: One Love is located on the south facing hill behind and overlooking Rendezvous Bay. It’s the last house on a dead end road, so it’s a private and quiet setting with some clothing optional privacy. Your view stretches from east to south. On your left you see Ditliff Point and Klein Bay, on your right is Bovocoap Point and Hart Bay, directly below you are the turquoise and blue waters of Rendezvous Bay, and off in the distance is the island of St Croix.
The house is bathed in sun from early morning to late in the afternoon, but its exposure to the trade winds and the air-conditioning in every room that keeps it very comfortable, regardless of the season and the sun.
Cruz Bay is a 10 minute drive on paved roads (except the last 1/8 mile) and on the way to/from Cruz Bay you pass the spa, beach and restaurants at the Westin Resort.
DESIGN: This is a 3-level home with the living/dining and kitchen facilities on the middle (2nd) level, and an air conditioned bedroom on each of the three levels, with the bottom and top bedrooms accessed by exterior stairs. You park on the 2nd level and enter into a courtyard which opens to the dining room. The kitchen, dining room, living room and a half bath are surrounded on three sides by sliding glass windows and glass doors which create a bright, cheerful and sunlit living space. Don’t worry about too much solar heat, for these rooms are cooled by an efficient a/c system that was installed in 2010. Tiled stairs lead up to the spacious third floor bedroom/bath while two sets of stairs plus a gated path lead down to the pool, sun deck and lower bedroom/bath. Every bedroom has a private balcony as does the living room, and all rooms and balconies enjoy a lovely view of the turquoise Caribbean waters below you.
The L shaped pool has an 8 x 8 foot sitting area with bench seats that are just right for half-in, half-out pool lounging with friends and a tall, cold beverage. One Love is well landscaped and the colorful flowers and lush vegetation create a very tropical setting.
The primary view overlooks Rendezvous Bay
The pool and deck is bathed by the sun and soft breezes all day long
LIVING/DINING: A beamed, vaulted ceiling and terra cotta tiled floors give the living area a traditional Caribbean feel. The centerpiece of the living room is the view, as seen through a wall of glass. The view is supplemented by a Sony 40’ flat screen TV/DVD with a Sony speaker system, iPod dock and CD player and wireless internet. The living room is surrounded on three sides by balconies and decks.
A mahogany table for six is the centerpiece of the dining room while just outside the dining room in the courtyard there is a round table that seats six.
The living area also has a fabulous view of the Caribbean
The interior dining room is just off the kitchen
KITCHEN: The kitchen was also completely remodeled in 2010. The cabinets are custom built of mahogany and cypress and the countertops are Brazilian granite. There is a 4-burner gas stove and oven, a built-in microwave, refrigerator/freezer, double sinks, dishwasher, toaster, blender and coffeemaker. Also included is a complete assortment of cooking utensils, kitchen implements, linens and pretty china and glassware. A washer/dryer and a half bath are located beside the kitchen. Outside the kitchen door and down 4 steps, is the barbeque grill and patio.
A pass thru window in the kitchen also lets the chef enjoy the great views
The first floor (pool level) bedroom
The second floor (living/dining/kitchen level) bedroom
The third (top) floor bedroom
BEDROOMS: All the bedrooms have a/c, romantic water views, a private balcony and a tiled bath with a mahogany and cypress vanity and Brazilian granite countertops.
The roomy lower level bedroom/bath (270 sq/ft) has two queen beds. It opens to the pool deck and is accessed by two sets of stairs and a private gated entry path off the second level. The second level bedroom/bath, also 270 sq/ft, has a king bed and is accessed from the courtyard between the living areas and this bedroom.
The third level bedroom/bath (king bed) is the largest bedroom at 350 sq/ft and is 12 stairs up from the second level courtyard, and has a side balcony that is smaller in size but has a lovely view.
Another view - the lower level bedroom
Another view - the second level bedroom
Another view - the upper level bedroom
The bath of the upper level bedroom
The lower level bath
The 2nd level bath is very similar to this bath
CARIBBEAN VILLAS COMMENTS: One Love was originally built in the 1980’s. In 2009 – 10 it was completely gutted, remodeled and rebuilt, and we began offering it for vacation rentals in December 2010. The owners of One Love rented from us for many years before purchasing their island home.
They viewed numerous villas and asked a lot of questions about what goes into a successful St John rental villa, then they incorporated that knowledge into the rebirth of One Love. We think they got it right; here’s why.
* This is a sunny, private, attractively landscaped hillside location that is convenient to Cruz Bay (10 minutes) and has delightful views of Rendezvous Bay and the south shore of St John.
* The 3-floor design is spacious, bright, cheerful, comfortable and private, with all rooms, decks and balconies having first-rate views.
* The villa includes a modern entertainment system with a 40” flat screen Sony TV/DVD and sound system, wireless internet and an iPod dock.
* All living areas and bedrooms are cooled by a quiet, powerful a/c system, or you can open the screened windows and doors and let the refreshing trade winds cool you.
* The pool and deck are definitely for sun lovers, and the deck has discreet places where you can pursue a full body tan. For a pleasant social hour(s), try the lounge (sitting area) in the end of the pool.
* The access to One Love is gated, with security code access.
One Love was rebuilt and reborn in 2010 and it now has the look and feel of a new home, but not the price.
This photo shows the exterior dining courtyard with the second floor bedroom on the left
Coffee for two under the arch on the second level
This photo shows the bench seat and sitting area in the pool and the two sets of stairs leading down to the pool
* One Love was stunning! I have been traveling to St John for the past 20 years and have rented many homes here. I will only be renting this home from now on! It was layed out well, was comfortable and we loved the pool! I can't say enough about the beautiful villa. This one is a 'keeper'!!
* We very much enjoyed our stay at One Love and it is one we would return to for our next vacation on St John. The view is great and the bedrooms were very comfortable and cool. The kitchen has everything we needed. Thank you!
* Thank you.. thank you. What a wonderful vacation! One love was all you represented and more, could not have been more enjoyable! The house was beautiful and very well appointed. The layout of the space, quality of the furnishings, views and pool were great!
* Our stay at One Love, was perfection, as always. This was our second stay at this villa, and as I mentioned last year, One Love will be the only villa we will rent from now on. After traveling to Saint John for over 20 years, I have rented many villas. I could never give up the view, or anything else that One Love has to offer.
A special thanks to Curtis, who was extremely accommodating. Walking in to the office at the Lumberyard location, and seeing the familiar faces, felt like "coming home".
We have only been back a week, and I'm already planning for next year at One Love.
Thank you again-
* What an amazing time in St John. You guys did an amazing job. We loved every minute of our time on the island. We can't wait to do it again.
All the best.
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T; is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T; we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T; cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T; and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.