Hide Property Details
Description from the owner
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
Type: HouseSummer Bookings Filling Fast~Reserve Dates Today!
Description from the owner
This cozy cottage with fenced lake-side lawn is located on the “Gold Coast” of Bostwick Lake. This private, all-sports, 217 acre lake is located just 5.5 miles from the picturesque town of Rockford (popu-lation 5,000) and only 20 minutes away from metro Grand Rapids.
One of Michigan's cleanest lakes, fishermen and ladies will find a variety of fish including trout, crappie, blue gill, perch, bass and pike. Whether you're fly fishing, spinning or bait casting your chances of getting a bite here are good.
Our cottage is a Bostwick Lake Improvement Association member so you're welcome to bring your boat or Jet Ski and use the private launch ...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
Response rate 70%
Response time Within a day
Calendar updated yesterday
Overall rating4.6 / 5.0 based on 5 reviews and 2 properties
Summer Bookings Filling Fast~Reserve Dates Today!
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
This is a well established long time lake community with lots of year round residents. Our neighborhood is safe and on the quiet side with lots of kids and grandkids showing up for weekend merriment.
After you settle in stroll across the lawn and have a seat on the seawall while you sip your morning coffee. While contemplating the clarity of Bostwick Lake water don't be surprised to see dinner swimming by! Thursday night is "FISHING NIGHT". A "Slow, No Wake Speed" goes into effect at 7pm for the entire lake.
Big fat night crawlers can be purchased at the TOPP STOP. It's a very pleasant walk from the cottage to the corner of Belding Road and Ramsdell Drive. You'll find a nice medium sized party store with convenient groceries, bait, licenses, lotto, coffee etc. Their service is friendly and they quite often have some of the lowest gas prices.
On the way there you'll pass by the OLD BOSTWICK LAKE CEMETERY on the corner of Ramsdell Drive and Goldenrod Drive behind the old Bostwick Lake Congregational Church. This is an old
pioneer cemetery dating back to the early 1800’s. It’s full of whispering pine trees on a hilly terrain. At dusk when the fireflies come out it’s the very best place to take the kids and read ghost stories by flash-light. Especially when an uncle wearing a white sheet pops up from behind a headstone!
For full scale grocery shopping check out D&W; Fresh Foods at 201 Marcell Drive NE in Rockford just 5.5 miles away.
In the mood for dinner out? Here are our personal favorites:
• BOSTWICK BAKERY & COFFEE SHOP ~ 8570 Belding Road NE (616) 874- 9065 ~ Best and biggest doughnuts in Kent County. Friendly staff.
* BOSTWICK LAKE INN ~ 8521 Belding Rd NE ~ (616) 874-7290 ~ Established in 1910, Bostwick Lake Inn has that feel of the old summer place on the lake. Whether you crave a burger or nice salmon fillet, they've got you covered! Stop by and enjoy live music in season or pull up rocking chairs on our lawn
• ARENA’S PIZZA ~ 8841 Belding Road NE at Ramsdell (616) 874-5270 ~ Best bang for your buck and so close to the cottage.
• HONEY CREEK INN ~ 8025 Cannonsburg Road NE, Cannonsburg (616) 874-7849 ~ Cozy cottage like atmosphere. Great place for some pints and grub with friends and family. Interesting beers on tap and quite a good kitchen to boot!
• CORNER BAR INC. ~ 31 N Main St, Rockford (616) 866-9866 ~ Hall of fame hot dogs, chili dogs and the tastiest onion rings.
• CUSTARD BY THE DAM ~ 25 Squire Street, Rockford (616) 863-6222 ~ If you’re a frozen custard fan, this is the place.
• SCORE RESTAURANT & SPORTS BAR ~ 5301 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township (616) 301-0600 ~ Beach volleyball, lakefront dining under the palm trees. Live entertainment 7 days a week all summer long. A great place to go with little kids. There’s so much to do and they have a lot of fun.
• BLUE WATER GRILL ~ 5180 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township (616) 363-5900 ~ We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a nice date out away from the kiddos. A little pricey but well worth it. Back in the 1950’s, when we were little kids, this was nothing but a huge quarry pit. Now with its unique Frank Lloyd Wright inspired architecture, it has one of the best water views around.
And a list of our very favorite nearby attractions;
• FISH LADDER SCULPTURE ~ 560 Front Ave. NW, Grand Rapids ~ Built along the Grand River in 1974 by artist Joseph Kinnebrew, the Fish Ladder was created to aid spawning fish in their struggle to swim upstream.
• FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS & SCULPTURE PARK ~1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids (616) 975-3146 ~ This 132-acre attraction features the most comprehensive outdoor sculpture collection in the Midwest, indoor and outdoor gardens, largest tropical conservatory in the state, nature trails, guided tram and 5 acre Children’s Garden. Admission charged.
• GERALD R. FORD PRESIDENTIAL MUSEUM ~ 303 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids (616) 254-0400 ~ Experience America's most entertaining presidential museum. Attend a White House State Dinner, step inside the Oval Office and see the original Watergate burglar tools. Also, Smithsonian-caliber changing exhibitions.
• GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC MUSEUM ~ 272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids (616) 456-3977 ~ This museum offers world-class exhibits on history, nature, cultural heritage and more. Ride a 1928 carousel, catch a show in the planetarium or eat in the cafe overlooking the Grand River. General Admission charged.
• JOHN BALL ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN ~ 1300 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids (616) 336-4301 ~ Over 2,000 animals and more animal touching exhibits than any other zoo in Michigan; stingrays & sharks, 2 petting corrals, wallabies, camels and budgies. Chimpanzees, lions, grizzly bear, otters, snow leopards, Komodo dragon and many large and small primates. Indoor and outdoor viewing. Full concessions and gift shop. Featuring 300-foot ZIPline, 4-story Ropes Adventure Course, Swan Boats.
• LA GRANDE VITESSE ~ Calder Plaza, Ottawa Ave. between Michigan and Lyon NW, Grand Rapids ~ La Grande Vitesse means the great swiftness, or the grand rapids. Internationally known sculptor, Alexander Calder, designed this piece specifically for this site. It was installed in 1969.
• SANDY BOTTOM BERRIES ~ 11555 Sandy Bottom Road NE, Rockford (616) 225-9376 ~ This is a small, family run, you pick berry farm. Every aspect of their farm is managed, maintained and created with you in mind. They welcome families with children of all ages (there is no age limit to pick, but they ask that children be supervised at all times for everyone’s safety). They have picnic tables available if you’d like to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the country atmosphere.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Lake nearby, Waterfront
Car is not necessary