CARIBBEAN VILLAS' COMMENTS. Blue Skies is a one owner house that was built in the late 1980’s, and for most of its life it has been lightly rented. In 2007 we did a complete evaluation of Blue Skies and we liked what we saw, so in August of 2007 we added this villa to our rental portfolio.
A summary of what we like about this villa includes;
* Its Location. This is a very convenient, primo location in one of St John’s classic residential neighborhoods. You can walk to the beach, restaurants, and cabs at the Westin Resort. You’re close (5-7 minutes) to Cruz Bay, yet you’re tucked into a peaceful hillside with very good privacy and delightful views.
* The Multiple Views. Very few villas have 3 entirely different views. This is one of the lucky ones, with scenic views to the west, north and east. The east exposure insures refreshing trade winds, the scenic west view takes in St. Thomas, Hans Lollick and colorful sunsets, and the boats and harbor view to the north is quite picturesque.
* The Sun and Water Factor. With a large (27 x 13 foot) pool, and a pool deck with Bose speakers, full body tanning, and all day sun, this is definitely a house for sunshine and pool lovers. For those who prefer sand and salt water, you have walking access to a white sand beach and 80 degree waters. Blue Skies also has member privileges at the small boat landing below your house, so if you rent a boat you can land or anchor there and easily walk to your villa.
* It’s flexible. Blue Skies is comfortable and large enough for 8 people, or we can lock off the guest cottage and rent the main house to 2-4 people. The pricing and the floor plan easily accommodates couples and families.
The view from the upper deck, looking north
* We had a wonderful visit at Blue Skies - our second time; and hopefully, not our last. Everyone was very satisfied with the accommodations and we were happy to see the renovations made since our last visit in 2009 (most notably, the exterior doors, dining table and updates in the cottage). Please thank the owners for opening up their beautiful villa to us. We feel like it's our home-away-from-home.
* This house is perfect for four couples. The kitchen is well stocked. All appliances worked. Landscaping is beautiful and large deck with breathtaking views was well used, as was your library. Thank you for letting us appreciate your art work.
* Our family really enjoyed our stay at Blue Skies. The views were spectacular and the layout of the house was perfect. We liked the way the house was decorated—lots of nice touches. Each of us had something we especially loved.
The porch and fresh flowers (Mary)
I liked the games in the house in Blue Skies in St. John (Cole)
The large dining table allowed our family to enjoy the meals while also enjoying the solitude of the quietness and the endless views,
(This floorplan is not drawn to scale - the main house is much larger than it appears here.)
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T; is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T; we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T; cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T; and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
LOCATION. Blue Skies is located in Great Cruz Bay, on the south side of the harbor about a 1/8 mile down the road from Gull Cottage and Splash. Great Cruz Bay has always been, and remains, an upscale and preferred neighborhood that is very popular with our guests.
Blue Skies sits on a small hill overlooking the harbor, about 120 yards back from the water and 90 feet above sea level. This setting gives you three different and picturesque views. To the east lies Chocolate Hole Harbor and the south shore, to the west are colorful sunsets and views of St. Thomas, while the scenic north view looks out at sailboats floating on Great Cruz Bay. It's a short drive (6-7 minutes) on paved roads to the restaurants and boutiques of Cruz Bay. It’s also a short walk (5-7 minutes) to the three restaurants, beach, fitness facilities, spa and shops at the Westin Resort. Despite being very convenient, this location is also quite relaxing, private and peaceful.
DESIGN. This is a 2-level, 2-building design with the living/dining and kitchen areas and two bedrooms/baths in the great house, while the other 2 bedrooms/baths are in the guest cottage on the lower level. You park below the great house and ascend stairs to the deck of the great house and enter into the great room. Decks wrap around the great house and the guest cottage and give you 200 degree views, all day sunshine and cooling breezes. A grand stairway leads down to the guest cottage, the pool and the lower sundeck.
Your view looking west to St. Thomas
The view from the pool deck, looking north
The guest cottage and main house, viewed from the pool
The main house viewed from the pool - new lounge chairs have been recently added
The guest cottage and main house, viewed from above.
LIVING/DINING. The tiled living room with its high ceiling, skylights and Caribbean pastel colors is bright and cheerful. It is furnished with rattan furniture, Caribbean flavored artwork and other accessories. There is a cable color 32” flat screen TV with DVD and a stereo/CD.
You may dine in the main house, or on either deck.
The living room, looking at St Thomas
KITCHEN. A small bar separates the kitchen from the great room. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare tasty meals, including a microwave oven, electric stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, toaster oven, coffee maker, blender, pots and pans, and assorted kitchenware. A gas BBQ grill, telephone and beach chairs are also included. The guest pavilion also has a small kitchenette. A washer/dryer are located in the laundry room.
The dining and kitchen area
BEDROOMS. The two bedrooms in the great house have king beds while the two bedrooms in the guest cottage have queens. All four bedrooms are air conditioned, and they are fully screened if you prefer the natural air conditioning of the trade winds. All the bedrooms are tiled and have a tiled bath and shower, and all have a small private deck or patio off the rear of the bedroom. The two bedrooms in the guest cottage share a kitchenette with a microwave oven, coffeemaker, sink, cabinets and kitchenware, plus an alcove with a table for two.
The main house - master bedroom
A main house master bathroom
The second main house master bathroom
The main house - 2nd master bedroom
The guest cottage - bedroom 1
The guesthouse bathroom (bedroom 1)
The guest cottage - bedroom 2
Another guesthouse bathroom (bedroom 2)TripAdvisor property ID 3548619...Read more
Blue Skies is located in Great Cruz Bay, on the south side of the harbor about a 1/8 mile down the road from Gull Cottage and Splash. Great Cruz Bay has always been, and remains, an upscale and preferred neighborhood that is very popular with our guests.
Blue Skies sits on a small hill overlooking the harbor, about 120 yards back from the water and 90 feet above sea level. This setting gives you three different and picturesque views. To the east lies Chocolate Hole Harbor and the south shore, to the west are colorful sunsets and views of St. Thomas, while the scenic north view looks out at sailboats floating on Great Cruz Bay. It's a short drive (6-7 minutes) on paved roads to the restaurants and boutiques of Cruz Bay. Itâ€™s also a short walk (5-7 minutes) to the three restaurants, beach, fitness facilities, spa and shops at the Westin Resort. Despite being very convenient, this location is also quite relaxing, private and peaceful.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.