Plumeria: Great Ocean Views, Sunsets, Heated Pool,
Plumeria is located atop Gifft Hill, and features panoramic ocean views of up to twenty islands and cays, as well as spectacular sunsets, among the finest on St. John. Its layout provides the ultimate in Caribbean indoor/outdoor living, with large French doors in every room opening onto the interior courtyard, sundeck, and pool. Outdoor living spaces include the enclosed courtyard, a very comfortable outdoor living room facing the view, a central pool, interior gardens, covered walkways, expansive decks, and the shaded dining gazebo. Plumeria's hilltop location ensures complete privacy and gentle tropical breezes, as well as a single-level floor plan, with a flat driveway that has room for several cars.
Plumeria's expansive decks offer complete privacy while sunning by the pool, or enjoying a romantic evening in the outdoor living room. Have cocktails and enjoy the stunning sunsets over the Caribbean. As night falls, watch as cruise ships leave for their next port of call, and dine in the outdoor dining gazebo, with the lights of St. Thomas twinkling in the distance. Guests have often commented that dining in the gazebo at Plumeria is the 'table with the best view on St. John'. During the full moon the reflection over the waters of Pillsbury Sound is unmatched. The night sky is full of stars for star gazing, and we provide a high-end telescope and binoculars for guests to use.
The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable swimming all year round, and at night, LED pool lights slowly change colors, illuminating the courtyard. The gardens surrounding Plumeria were created for your enjoyment. Orchids abound in the trees, and over 200 different plants and flowers, many with botanical plant labels, attract hummingbirds and bananaquits. Flowering plumeria trees, also called frangipani, add a delightful fragrance to the tropical breezes. In summer, guests can enjoy delicious mangoes, picked fresh from the tree.
You can be dining at one of the many fine restaurants in Cruz Bay less than 10 minutes after leaving your private villa. Plumeria has been furnished for your ultimate comfort, with large upholstered custom furnishings in the great room, and similarly immersive furnishings in the outdoor living room. Indoor fine dining for six is easily accessible from the gourmet kitchen. The kitchen is fully stocked for 'cooking in', with all the gear needed to prepare gourmet meals, including a full set of thirty Penseys' spices. Across the pool from the great room are the air conditioned bedrooms, each with with queen beds and en-suite baths. The spacious loft above the great room has a king bed, accessed by a spiral stairway.
Plumeria shares ownership with the adjacent villa on Gifft Hill, Coconuts, and the two villas can be rented together, accommodating larger groups with up to thirteen guests.
St John's gorgeous, undeveloped North Shore beaches, among the finest in the Caribbean, are only 15 minutes away. You can choose a relaxing day at the beach with our beach chairs, coolers, towels, and floats, or browse thru the many interesting shops to be found in nearby Cruz Bay.
You will be so completely relaxed and refreshed by your stay at Plumeria .... you won't want to leave.
VILLA HIGHLIGHTS AND AMENITIES:
- Private, flat, hilltop location with panoramic ocean views and spectacular sunsets
- Indoor/outdoor living: great room, kitchen, and bedroom buildings centered around a pool, with covered walkways, courtyard gardens, extensive decks, gazebo, porch, and lawns with tropical fruit trees
- The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable swimming all year round
- LED pool lighting lets guests select among five fixed colors, and seven color programs
- Outdoor living spaces include a shaded gazebo with dining table, and a porch with a comfortable couch, chairs, and an outdoor sound system
- All rooms feature flat-screen TV's, premium cable w/ HBO, iPod-ready sound systems, and high speed wireless internet
- The deluxe massage table can be set up indoors or on the deck, for a massage with a view
- Villa-wide, UV sterilized and activated charcoal water purification system
- Additional amenities include a high-end telescope and binoculars for daytime use and/or sky gazing, and a complete set of Pensey's spices for cooking
- Deck completely rebuilt in 2013
- Cordless phones with free unlimited calling to the US mainland
- Roku 3, Netflix, and Pandora One for free unlimited video and music streamingTripAdvisor property ID 2076894...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.