Recent reviews for Saint Simons Island, Georgia, USA
"Wonderful Condo with Easy Access"
Left on 07/31/2015 for a stay in July 2015
We recently returned from St. Simons after a wonderful trip where we stayed at a lovely Condo. It was very clean and well stocked. Since we were spending time in both St. Simons and Jekyll Island, the location was perfect. We happened to get there just as the owner was leaving. She was a joy to meet. We loved talking to her and getting more information on things to do while we were there. My granddaughter loved feeding the turtles. We hope to stay there again in the near future. We would highly recommend this lovely place.
About Saint Simons Island
Known for its great beaches and outdoor recreational fun, St. Simons Island, GA is the perfect place for a family vacation rental escape. Step outside your vacation home and walk just minutes to the beach, then swim, sail, scuba dive, kayak, snorkel, or simply sun amidst a beautiful ocean backdrop. With a full kitchen, family barbeques are easy. Grill outdoors and dine on your rental's screened-in porch or patio, a luxury that many homes offer. Looking for the perfect fishing opportunity? Hop aboard with Coastal Expeditions Charter Fishing, a charter fishing service that takes you across acres of salt marsh flats, rivers and creeks, and ocean water filled with shrimp and baitfish. Or, spend a day off the beach and enjoy St. Simons' great shopping, including antique shopping, art galleries, boutique clothing stores, unique jewelry, and more.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Climb aboard the Saint Simons Island Trolley Tour: Enjoy a tour that points out many of the island's key landmarks, including the Lighthouse and Fort Frederica. Tour guides provide both entertaining and informative narratives of the island's history over the past 400 years.
- Visit the St. Simons Lighthouse: This 75 foot tall lighthouse was originally constructed in 1810 and later rebuilt in 1872 after being destroyed by the Confederates during the Civil War.
- Play golf: The Sea Palms Resort Golf Club, one of the best kept courses in the state, offers three 9-hole champion caliber courses.
- Stroll the Pier in St. Simon's Village: For shopping, strolling, ice cream, and people watching, there's no better place than the pier.
- Take a dolphin watching tour: A thriving population of bottlenose dolphins lives off the coast of St. Simon's and a guided tour can be a great way to have a close encounter with these friendly creatures.
- Go bird watching: Simon's Island is home to many elusive native species of Georgia shorebirds.
There's no better way to experience the tranquility and natural beauty of St. Simons Island than with a stay in your own private vacation rental. A beach house just a few steps from the sand can be the perfect place to relax and host a beach campfire or weekend getaway for your family and friends. While you're visiting St. Simons, consider exploring nearby Tybee Island.