- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
Description from the owner
Quaint stone holiday cottage (gite) with views and close access to all Dordogne highlights: the prehistoric Lascaux, Lez Eyzies; chateaux Beynac, Castelnaud and Domme; and popular tourist town Sarlat. You are 2km from the peaceful Dordogne river (the popular lifeguarded beach of Coux is just down the hill) and the Vezere river attractions, not to mention the surrounding Bergerac wine country. You can reach several popular grottos (caves) from the gite between 10 and 30 min, full of history and/or mineral formations. Set in the peaceful countryside above the market town of Saint Cyprien (5km), this charming hamlet house offers an abundance of...Read more
Charming Dordogne Holiday Cottage near Sarlat
Saint-Cyprien, Aquitaine, France
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
Top Ten things to Make Your Day in Dordogne:
1. Rent a canoe on the river Dordogne
2. Visit the caves at Lascaux or Domme. The Grotte de Lascaux near Montignac contains 7,000-year-old Cro-Magnon animal paintings
3. Explore any of the daily markets in Saint Cyprien, Le Bugue, Sarlat (there are so many!)...Go horseriding, cycling, walking, climbing or caving - or play golf.
4. Visit any of the nearby chateaux: Beynac, Castelnaud, Salignac, Domme--there are so many!
5. Take a drive to Sarlat, La Roque Gageac- often voted France’s prettiest village, cliff-built Rocamadour or Martel
6. Visit la Foret de Singe--the monket forest near Rocamadour
7. Visit a vineyards in Bergerac or Bordeaux
8. Go shopping in Sarlat or Perigeaux; drive down to the Lot region for dramatic cliff scenery.
9. Visit the gardens of le Manoir D’Eyrignac
10. Eat riverside at Brantome.
FAMOUS ATTRACTIONS FOR ALL AGES:
Prehisto Parc, Les Eyzies--Prehisto Parc 6km north of Les Eyzies, no trip to the Vezere valley would be complete without the children playing at being prehistoric. Cavemen, mammoths and the like are recreated for your children's endless amusement.
Bergerac Aquapark - on the road from Bergerac to Bordeaux, on the outskirts of Bergerac. Four swimming pools with water chutes and plenty of other 'young people' things to do.
Park archéologique de Beynac--Re-live the life of the first farmers and metal workers in this reconstructed Neolithic village.
Jacqou Park, Le Bugue--Jacquou Park near Le Bugue has three parcs: an animal parc, an aqua parc and and amusement parc. The animal parc has farm animals from around the world including llamas, highland cattle and angora goats. The aqua parc has two water slides, plus seperate pools for younger visitors. The attractions park has a bouncy castle and rides for young children. There is also a mini-golf and a snack area.
Le village du Bournat, Le Bugue--Le village du Bournat at Le Bugue is one of the most popular attractions for families in the Dordogne. A reconstructed village showing life in 1900. With animals on a working organic farm, crafts, and a working windmill (which makes flour for the local bread). There is also a funfair (included in the entrance price), picnic areas and restaurants.
Le parc Aquarium du Périgord Noir at Le Bugue/Vezere--More than 6000 fish to see at this aquarium at Le Bugue. With feeding shows and an underwater gallery there is plenty to amuse the children here. There is also a new insect zone with a glass-hive housing more than 80 000 bees. There is also a new Iguana Park set in an area of sub-tropical vegetation and .... new in 2011 - Anaconda, the snake god.
La terre des oiseaux, Le Bugue sur Vézère
Ornithologic parc at Le Bugue.
Le Thot Espace Cro-Magnon--This centre of pre-history includes a reproduction of the largest of the Lascaux caves and scenes of daily life in pre-historic times.
Swimming and Paddling--It is possible to swim and paddle at many places along the Dordogne River. Limeuil is a particularly good spot with river beaches and shallow water at the edges.
Canoeing on the Dordogne River
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation
Nearest airport: Bergerac, 20 miles
Nearest train station: Le Buisson et Cadouin, 10 miles
Car is essential
Last updated on February 03, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 5 other Saint-Cyprien rentalsCheck Availability for Saint-Cyprien
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
- Washing Machine
- Central heating
- Local Guides/Maps
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- DVD Player
- Balcony or terrace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- 6 Dining chairs
- 4 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - no
- Wheelchair accessible - no