Come to the beautiful mountains surrounding Salt Lake City for a classic winter ski vacation. The pristine powdery slopes of the Wasatch Mountain range are legendary for their champion-class skiing and snowboarding runs. While in Salt Lake City, be sure to visit the famous Mormon Salt Lake Temple, a national landmark and a stunning architectural spectacle.
If you love the outdoors, come to Salt Lake for easy access to breathtaking National Parks just a few hours south. Bring your hiking boots or mountain bike and explore Moab, Arches and the red rock landscape of Capitol Reef.
No matter what you intend to so here or how long you decide to stay, Salt Lake City will welcome you with its friendly residents, its charming public artwork, and its world-class restaurants.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do:
- Visit Red Butte Gardens: Between the University of Utah and the stark foothills that surround the city, this area offers scenic paths through beautifully cultivated tree and flower gardens.
- See the Tabernacle Choir: Visitors come to Salt Lake City from all over the world just to see a live performance and hear the inspiring voices of this 350 member singing ensemble.
- Visit the Salt Lake Public Library: Built during the approach of the winter Olympics to showcase the architectural and technological advancements of the city, this public library is more than a library. It's a modern marvel set inside a glittering futuristic complex.
- Explore the Great Salt Lake: The second saltiest lake in the world surrounds Antelope Island and serves as refuge for migratory birds and other wildlife.
- Hike the Bonneville Shoreline Trail: Called a "shoreline" because it winds along the edge of what was once a giant prehistoric lake, the Bonneville trail offers lovely scenic views of the foothills above and the city below.
- Visit the Utah Museum of Natural History: Utah is famous for its dinosaur discoveries, and this museum provides a child-friendly historical context for these findings.
You'll have no trouble finding a perfect place to stay in Salt Lake City. There are a wide variety of vacation rental options available in every quarter, from the quaint Victorian Avenues to the hip energetic neighborhoods of Sugarhouse and Ninth and Ninth. Find a condo near the ski slopes or a luxury apartment downtown with all the comforts of home.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.