This is a “must see” to appreciate all the upgrades and finishes in this tri-level contemporary chic home. It is nestled in the heart of Noe Valley one of San Francisco most desirable neighborhood and home of many famous Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. The house is a short 3 minutes walk (we timed it) to 24th street to get your morning cappuccino from one of the cafes or have dinner in one of the great restaurants - There, you will find many fine food markets, ice-cream parlors, juice bar, a candy store...
The house has clean lines, high ceilings, hardwood floors, open floor plan with a great flow. An updated kitchen opens up to the formal dining area that is perfect for entertaining while preparing meals. The kitchen features a classic 6-burner O’Keefe & Merritt gas range and oven, Bosch and LG appliances, plenty of storage space and a deep farm sink.
The house has 4 bedrooms + an additional den adjacent to one of the bedrooms that can be used for extra sleeping.
- BR1 sleeps 2 - The upstairs bedroom has a king size bed.
- DEN sleeps 2 - The den is adjacent to the upstairs bedroom and has two twin beds. The slanted ceiling can be challenging for really tall people but kids LOVE the hiding nook.
- BR2 sleeps 2 - The main floor garden side bedroom is all windows and has a queen size bed.
- BR3 sleeps 2 - The main floor street side (small bedroom) has a single bed with a trundle that doubles it into 2 singles.
- BR4 sleeps 4 - The downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and a queen size futon.
There is a small garage - and I mean small. It will painfully fit a minivan - so that might be your excuse to rent that little sports car... But you can park in the driveway as long as your are not blocking the sidewalk - Hard to believe, there is plenty of free street parking. Just watch for street cleaning days. The garage is empty so you can also use it for storing your bicycles, canoes... or whatever your are hauling along.
There is a spacious backyard with two decks. The deck next to the house has a gas barbecue grill and an outdoor dining table.
The second deck in the back of the backyard has a TINY finished cottage with a desk and a day bed. Because it is away from the house, it is quiet and great for an afternoon nap or some quiet work.
Nothing much interesting there, except that it is were the brand new washer and dryer are.
The spiral staircase may be a bit challenging to very small kids but my kids as toddlers were fine going up & down the stairs as long as they hold on to the rail.
There's a space upstairs for young kids to play with some toys & games. You may request other items & I'll see if I have them.
Nobody lives onsite so you do not have to deal with our personal stuff in the closets. You have access to the whole house including the cottage in the back.
Interaction with Guests
We are new in hosting but would love to meet guests and sit down for coffee if they're open to it. But we also respect their privacy. We will be there to answer any questions. As we are long-time SF residents we can point you to restaurants, sites or tips on how to get around like a local...
Noe Valley is central within San Francisco. So most sights are accessible from there - feel free to ask us how to get around. There are many alternative to traditional taxis and transportation in San Francisco (like Lyft or Uber).
- Union Square - 3.9 miles - 15 min by car - 20 minutes by public transportation.
- Moscone Convention Center 3.7 miles - 11 min by car - 20 minutes by public transportation.
- Fisherman's Wharf 5.1 miles - 16 min by car - 40 minutes by public transportation.
- Castro District - 1 mile - 4 min by car (you can walk but there is a steep hill there)
- Mission District - 1 mile - 4 min by car.
- Golden Gate Park - 2.3 mi - 6 min by car - 25 min by public transportation
- Cable car (on California and Van Ness) 3.4 miles - 11 min by car - 25 min public transportation.
- Airport (SFO) - 20 minutes by car.
- Close to the main freeway to the peninsula and Silicon Valley.
- On the route of most company buses (Apple Bus, (website hidden) Bus...) down to Silicon Valley.
- The house is conveniently located close to the Muni public transportation system.
- There's a bus stop just half a block away.
Other Things to Note
Please let us know if you are coming for a romantic getaway , a family vacation or getaway with friends or a business trip to Silicon Valley so we can suggest places to visit and things to do.
Kids are very welcome and please let us know if you need extra cots or high chairs....Read more
San Francisco, Noe Valley unique house. San Francisco, California (Property location is approximate) ?
Additional Location Information
In the heart of Noe Valley. Noe Valley is one of San Francisco's most desirable and safest neighborhood. It is filled with a mix of Edwardian and Victorian houses. It is a wonderful, lively place. We recommend hanging out at the Saturday morning farmer's market on 24th street. Locals are friendly, approachable and laid back.
More About This Location
Nearest airport: San Francisco, 12 miles Car is not necessary
Last updated on April 20, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
456 other San Francisco rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.