MAITETXU is a wonderful vacation rental in the edge of the Old Town, close to all pintxos action but in a quiet street away from the noisy bars and with a peaceful view.
The apartment comes with 2 bedrooms. The main one with a double bed and an ensuited full bathroom with direct views to Zurriola beach and the rivermouth, and the second one with bunk beds, ideal for kids or 2 adults and very close to the second bathroom.
The living room is spacious and comfortable with plenty of natural light and with a table for dining up to 4 people. A small balcony is available for those who like to have a seatstaring at the sea :)
A complete kitchen is ready for use, with all the kitchenware needed for cooking.
Some walking distances and times from the apartment (calculated by Google maps)
* from train station to apartment: 700 m - 14 min walk
* Old Town: 50 m - 1 min. You will live there!!
* La Concha Beach: 500 m - 5 min
* Zurriola Beach: 500m - 5 min
* Comb of the wind - cable car to Amusement park (amazing views of the city). This is a walk we love to do on sunny weekends: 2,5 Km - 30 min
* Traditional Market: 100 m â€“ 1 min
* Shopping mall + supermarket: 100 m - 1 min
* Cathedral: 800m - 10 min
* Aquarium (3D crystal tunnel to watch the sharks) and town harbour: 600m - 7 min
THE AREA - GETTING AROUND
Living a holiday in the Old Town is a real treat for discovering San Sebastian on foot . Wandering around its lively narrow streets, full of tapas bars a just stepping out the apartment is undoubtedly an advantage. Also, the beaches are really close and the city center , where fashion stores are , is a 4 minute walk . With this location the car is totally unnecessary , unless your intention is to make excursions to some of the fantastic fishing villages along the French-Basque coast. THERE IS AN OPTIONAL GARAGE IN THE SAME BUILDING FOR â‚Ź20/ day (not included in the price)TripAdvisor property ID 3319287...Read more
MAITETXU::Old Town. Seaviews. WiFi. Beaches. 5p San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque, Spain
Additional Location Information
* Discover why all the inhabitants of this "Pearl of Cantabric Sea" want to live in the town center... The best thing of our town is that it is known for its rest facilities as well as for its leisure ones... you decide, or call us now and we will tailor-make your holiday plans here.
* Have a 5 minutes walk to sunbath in world famous La Concha Beach. A wonderful bay with a curious and mysterious island you can visit by boat.
* 5 minutes walk to Old Town with its sandstone old houses and the 1774 baroque roman catholic Santa María Church. Visit 31 de agosto street, the only one that survived the great fire in 1813 when the town was liberated by English and Portuguese troops from French domination.
* In a sq. mile you will enjoy more than 200 bars specialized in Basque Gastronomy. The best Spanish tapas you can find. Meet the birthplace of renowned Basque cook like Juan Mari Arzak, Martin Berasategi or Andoni Aduriz and taste the best food everywhere you look around. Why not take a bus and have dinner in Arzak? 2 Michelin stars will delight you there.
* Close to the town harbor, have a walk and taste fresh seafood in one of the restaurants located there.
* Visit the Aquarium and its gorgeous 360º crystal tube to see the sharks surrounding you.
* Have kids? Since 1912 the locals take the cable car to go up to Igeldo Mountain and enjoy our romantic amusement park. From up there the views are something you won´t forget in your entire life.
* Don´t have kids? want some nightlife? Here pubs close at 3.00 A.M. and if you want some more, we recommend visiting Bataplan or La Perla, 2 discos where you can enjoy the music at the same time you enjoy the views of La Concha Bay.
* Tired? Do not worry... have a visit to La Perla for a Thalasso Tour. After that, you will look for some more action.
* Sporty? Try to surf Zurriola Beach we can manage a surf course for you and your family. San Sebastian has been awarded by National Geographic Society as one of the 20 Best Surf Towns
* Visit the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao, drive along the Basque coast or hire a flight in a Cessna 172 and feel like a bird. Contact us now and tell what kind of dream you want to live... Contact us
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations, Mountain nearby, Waterfront
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.