Recent reviews for Santa Cruz, California, USA
"Didn't want to leave!"
Left on 07/26/2015 for a stay in June 2015
My family and I absolutely loved this house while vacationing in Santa Cruz/ Capitola. We were a family of three adults and two young children. The house more than accommodated our needs for space. The house welcomes you in because of it's sunny atmosphere. It has an open layout but it can also be separated by blinds for privacy. The decor is modern, cozy and homey all at the same time. The grand-kids had a wonderful time running around in the spacious backyard and we were even able to have science lessons about how fruit grows thanks to the lemon tree. The kitchen had just about everything you would need if you plan on cooking while vacationing. I was especially happy not to have to supply little things like trash bags and dish detergent. Everything was already there. Lastly the neighborhood was lovely. it was very quiet and laid back. The next door neighbor even welcomed us when we pulled up. We would have loved a house on the beach but this house is so close that we were at the beach in five minutes. I'm going back soon and just wish the rent was feasible for one.
"Fantastic Ocean Views!!"
Left on 04/22/2016 for a stay in March 2016
Beautiful views from most rooms in the house. The waves crashing on the shore can be heard continuously..we barely left the house it was so wonderful! There is everything you need in the house and the management company, Kendall & Potter, replaced a leaking coffee maker within hours on a Saturday. The house is a bit dated and the bathrooms small but the views and location is worth it! Wonderful family vacation.
Left on 04/23/2016 for a stay in April 2016
Good place for the family. Lots of room and an amazing view. We will definitely book this home again
"Great beach access location"
Left on 07/27/2015 for a stay in July 2015
This home was a very good fit for our family and our dogs based on the location, and the secure, fenced backyard. Within a 4 minute easy walk you are on the beach! We enjoyed the hot tub and the house is equipped with everything for the kitchen, beach play, and the foosball table was a big hit along with the croquet set. We found the beds to be quite comfortable (contrary to a previous review), and plenty of extra bedding is available if needed. The neighborhood was very quiet, and we had no problem with parking, since extra parking passes are kindly provided. The owner was very responsive and accommodating to my questions and our needs. It was obvious to me that she wanted us to enjoy a good time at her home and be comfortable.
About Santa Cruz
Few places can rival Santa Cruz, CA for its well-rounded, family beach vacation atmosphere. Spend your days sunning on your vacation rental's private deck or patio, then take just a few steps in the sand to enjoy the vast, blue Pacific. Swim, kayak, sail, fish and windsurf in the morning, then mountain bike, hike, horseback ride, and enjoy the links during your afternoons. With breath-taking views of the Monetary Bay from your bedroom's balcony, spend your evenings watching the twinkling lights of the sea ships cruise by, and then let the lull of the ocean waves put you to sleep.
Santa Cruz is home to one of the best California boardwalks around, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, which is the perfect place for riding roller coasters, relaxing on the beach, and dining. With free admission and endless opportunities for fun, the Boardwalk is great for the entire family. Santa Cruz is also home to great local talent, and hosts a number of art fairs, music celebrations, film festivals and theatre performances.
Here are a few specific suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Take a ride on the "Big Dipper on Earth": This Santa Cruz landmark is one of the oldest wooden roller coasters around. Built in 1924, the ride takes you high into the sky to give you breath-taking views of the beach and the ocean amidst a Monterey Bay background.
- Witness the Monarch butterfly migration: Santa Cruz is world-renowned for the yearly migration of the Monarch butterfly. See thousands of beautiful butterflies who rest here during their peak season (October through January).
- Explore the Natural Bridges State Beach: The State Beach is famous for its natural bridge and an ideal place to see wildlife, including ocean birds, whales and otters. Low tides are perfect for finding sea stars and crabs too.
- Stroll the Santa Cruz Wharf: This is a great place to relax and people watch. Rest your feet in a cafe, rent a fishing pole, or browse local art shops and boutiques.
- Go horseback riding: Santa Cruz state parks, state beaches and the marshlands around Moore Creek are beautiful places to explore on horseback.
- Play on the beach: Twin Lakes Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Santa Cruz. Come here to take a surf lesson, rent a kayak, or just lie in the sun and relax.
Find the right house rental within a few steps of the Santa Cruz California Boardwalk and start planning the perfect vacation getaway. Camping in Santa Cruz is a beautiful way to spend a night under the stars, but nothing beats coming home at the end of a day of sun and sand to your own luxurious villa with views of the ocean.
Are you planning an important celebration, family reunion, wedding or honeymoon? Vacation rental opportunities are plentiful all year round in idyllic Santa Cruz wedding locations. Find a perfect vacation home within a few steps of the beach and invite your family and friends for a campfire on the sand or a barbeque on the deck. While you're visiting Santa Cruz, be sure to explore some of the other beautiful vacation destinations along the central coast, like Monterey and Newport Beach.