OWNER MANAGED PROPERTY + Caretaker on property. Yes, that does make a big difference in your vacation experience!
SUN - SUN - SUN - Enjoy its warmth when it's fogged in at the beaches only six miles away. Villa Soquel is located well above the fog line!
Modern home on top of the world surrounded by redwoods, oaks, bay, fruit, and maple trees. Red tailed hawks soar overhead, hummingbirds dart about. Song birds sing in the trees. Quail bevies flit across the road and adjacent meadows. Sometimes a wild peacock strolls proudly by!
Quiet, peaceful, secluded, but not remote! Only 6 easy miles to the Monterey Bay! One turn off the Old San Jose Road. Then straight up the private driveway to the Villa! You can't get lost coming here.
Swimming pool - spa - concrete and wood decks. Lots of sunshine. Shade if you want it. Views! Hiking trails. Picnic on the lawn. Use of kitchen.
Very relaxing environment. Do some serious thinking, drawing, writing, dancing, poetry or nothing at all. Just rest! Plenty of on site parking. Will consider an RV up to 25 feet long.
Six minutes to Capitola Village's restaurants, shopping, dancing, bars, BEACH and events. Twelve minutes to Downtown Santa Cruz, the Beach Boardwalk and all they offer in that wild west college town!
Quieter towns and beaches one half hour to the south like Moss Landing, Seaside and Monterey. Travel North one hour to Half Moon Bay, Atascadero, and Ano Nuevo State park to see the elephant seals or whale watching!
Guests love to stay at the Villa Soquel because it is private, peaceful, naturally beautiful but NOT located in the middle of nowhere.
Member of the Capitola/Soquel Chambers of Commerce and the San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Please note: Villa Soquel is not suitable or available for loud, outdoor, into the night parties.
Refundable Damage Deposit $300 per stay
Tax rate 11% of rent tax rate
Welcome to Villa Soquel -
These terms and conditions apply to all renters. Although they are in place for the 1% of renters who need them for guidance. If you have a problem with any of them, please let me know right away so corrective action can be taken.
1. Villa Soquel is available to rent for residential purposes only. The Villa is NOT a party venue. Daytime events are allowed with specific prior written approval of the owners.
2. All renters must provide a photo of their ID prior to their arrival. Email a photo of your state ID to (email: hidden) at least three days prior to your arrival. You will be asked to show your state ID upon arrival at check in. Renter must be at least 25 years of age.
3. Villa Soquel may be occupied overnight by the number of registered guests only. Non registered guests and visitors up to 8 in number may be on the property until 10 pm. Non-registered guests are trespassers after 10 pm and are subject to eviction.
4. Parking is available for up to 8 vehicles. No more than 8 vehicles may be on the property at any time. Excess vehicles will be removed at vehicle owner's expense.
5. Outside quiet time is 10 pm every night. Noise complaints from neighbors or from my on site caretaker will result in immediate eviction. There are no refunds of rents paid in the case of an eviction.
6. Driving speed on the driveway from Soquel San Jose Rd up to the Villa is 8 MPH. If a neighbor reports vehicles traveling at a speed above 10 mph, $100.00 will be kept from the rental security deposit for each report.
7. Renter is responsible for the actions of all guests, whether said guests are registered or not. This includes damage and losses to persons, property and vehicles brought on to the Villa Soquel property or allowed on the property by the renter.
8. The security deposit is exactly that, a deposit. Damages in the amount of or in excess of the security deposit are the responsibility of the renter no matter the cause of the damages. The Villa owners only have to provide evidence of damages in order to recover the replacement or repair costs.
9. Renter accepts the property in good condition, and is responsible to notify the owners of any deficiencies, or damages within two hours of arrival. Call or text Daniel at (phone: hidden) to report deficiencies.
10. Children under the age of 16 are to be supervised by an adult at all times, especially when in the pool / spa area. The is no lifeguard on duty. There is no diving into the pool. It is not deep enough to safely act as a diving pool.
11. Tenant is responsible to maintain the cleanliness of the pool and spa while staying at the Villa. A brush and net are provided for tenant's use.
12. No one in diapers may use the swimming pool or the heated spa.
13. No eating or smoking allowed in the spa or the swimming pool.
14. Tenants use the swimming pool and heated spa at their own risk.
15. The outside pool deck area is officially closed to use at 11 pm everyday.
16. Parents are solely responsible for the safety and welfare of their children while staying at the Villa. The Villa is NOT childproof. Parents are responsible to monitor and control their children regarding all hazards which may be present at the Villa including sharp objects, poisons, hot water, falls, water hazards, etc. and agree to indemnify the Villa owners against any liability arising from such hazards.
17. In the event of loss of electrical power, heating or water service, the tenant will have the option of early check-out. Un-used nights will be refunded in the amount of rent and tax paid by renter for unused nights if the renter checks out of the property prior to the final night of paid rental.
18. If for any reason the Villa is not habitable upon arrival due to unsuitability for occupancy, the Villa owner's liability will be limited to a refund of the rental fees and taxes paid by the renter. No additional expenses or losses to renter are the responsibility of the Villa owners.
19. No animals are allowed in the Villa house at any time.
20. Smoking, candle burning or incense in the Villa is not allowed and if detected will result in $200 kept from the renter's security deposit.
21. Tenants must not disable any smoke, CO2, fire, or flammable gas detector for any reason.
22. Tenants please follow the checkout instructions outlined in the house manual.
23. If your stay exceeds two days, be advised that there will be a maintenance visit made to the villa property by villa personnel every third day. The visit will be made between noon and four pm. Items to be attended to include the pools, hot tub and landscape features. Entry to the house is not required.
24. Please take all of your belongings with you when you leave. Check each bedroom and all bathrooms twice before leaving. If you leave personal items behind, they will be held for 7 days for tenant to retrieve said items. After which time said items will be donated to the Goodwill Industries. The Villa management will not mail or ship items left behind....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.