This romantic medieval Chateau has recently been fully restored and it now offers a perfect place to enjoy the pleasures of South West France and more particularly the Dordogne valley. The chateau sleeps up to 12 guests in pure luxury. Set in its own grounds of some 40 hectares, the property is entirely surrounded by vines, meadows and woodland. It is the perfect spot from which to enjoy rural France's extensive wildlife, including wild boar and deer. The heart of the property is more refined, within the walled garden and close to the Chateau, there is a heated 12m x 6m swimming pool and private chapel. The Chateau is a working vineyard and a complimentary wine tasting is included for you during your stay. Bergerac International Airport is a 20 minute drive away.
The chateau and its formal gardens are set within the original fortified walls and this provides a sheltered and very private setting. The long drive passes through the vines and enters through magnificent castle gates. The 5 bedrooms on the first floor are spacious and furnished with four poster beds, antique furniture and beautiful soft furnishings. The two bedrooms on the ground floor are smaller and more simple. The reception rooms are large and offer a formal Dining Room as well as a drawing room and more relaxed living room. The kitchen is well equipped and there is a large farmhouse table which seats 12. There is also a second kitchen for storage. In total, there are 7 bedrooms within the main Chateau;
* The Master Bedroom (Bedroom 1) has a King-size 4 poster bed with double doors (with railings) overlooking the beautiful garden. There is a doorway to Private Lobby offering access to the tower and its stone spiral stairs, and also to the en-suite which has a bath with shower attachment over and glass screen, wash hand basin and WC. There is also a heated towel rail.
* Bedroom 2 is another large double room with 4 poster bed. This room overlooks the valley behind the Chateau. There is a door to the en-suite which has a bath with shower attachment over and glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. There is also a heated towel rail. There are French Doors (with railings) overlooking the valley.
* Bedroom 3 is a twin bedroom with a window over the valley and door to an en-suite shower-room which has a shower, wash hand basin and WC with heated towel rail.
* Bedroom 4 is another twin bedroom with window over the valley and door to an en-suite shower-room with a shower, wash hand basin and WC with heated towel rail.
* Bedroom 5 is a large double bedroom with window overlooking the walled garden. There is a door to the en-suite bathroom. which has a bath with shower attachment over and glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin and WC.
* Bedroom 6 is on the ground floor, where there is an annexe which has a further two bedrooms, Bedrooms 6 and 7. The accommodation is slightly less luxurious but still very welcoming and is ideal as a "Granny Annexe" or for a Nanny or Au-pair or even teenage children!
* Bedroom 6 has a double bed and Bedroom 7 has twin beds.
* The Bathroom which is shared between Bedroom 6 and 7 has a bath with separate shower over, wash hand basin, and WC.
The swimming pool is conveniently located within the walled garden, and whilst it enjoys fabulous views over the countryside, it offers complete privacy. It is heated, fenced for security and measures 12m by 6m. It has a large shallow area ideal for small children. The maximum depth of the pool is 1.50m. In addition, the pool has underwater lighting. The Chateau also has a family chapel, situated between chateau and swimming pool, this chapel has been renovated to the same high standard as the principal buildings. The Chateau estate is vast and offers the best of all worlds, there are the formal gardens within the Chateau walls as well as vines, meadow and woodland and a beautiful Lake.
Additional amenities include: wine tasting nearby, village walking distance, close to airport, 6 bathrooms: 1, baby equipment, no of bedrooms: 7, lake, many ensuite rooms, golf nearby, chateaux & manoirs, ground floor bedroom: 1, saturday changeover, number of bedrooms: 7, maid service, heated swiming pool, number of bathrooms: 6, restaurant walking distance, close to village, chapel....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.