Showing 1-38 of 421 in Savannah
Known for its rich history, Southern charm, and beautiful architecture, Savannah, GA is the perfect vacation getaway. The city offers amazing five-star dining, great shopping, museums and a wealth of arts and entertainment. Because of its buzzing cultural life, many visitors do not realize that there are also plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventures as well. Biking, hiking, and swimming are just a few recreational activities you will not want to miss.
Many visitors enjoy taking a Savannah cruise at some point during their travels to see the area from the beauty of the high seas. This mode of transportation is also a great way for those headed down the aisle to scout Savannah wedding locations. Whether you come here for a wedding, a Savannah honeymoon, or just want to get away to a cosmopolitan paradise, you are bound to fall in love with the city.
Be sure to save time for these attractions as well:
- The Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist: This cathedral in downtown is both awe-inspiring and rich with history. Originally constructed in 1835, and later rebuilt after being destroyed by a fire in 1898, this French Gothic-style cathedral is crafted with Italian white marble and beautiful stained glass. Today, it stands as a symbol of both Savannah and the Catholic population of Georgia.
- The Savannah Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Book Tour: This tour is based on John Berendt's bestseller, 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' (1994), which was later turned into a movie in 1997. The tour shows guests beautiful landscapes and spots where the book was set and the movie filmed.
- The Savannah Theater: This theater features popular music within themed shows consisting of a five-piece live band, actors, dancers, and singers. Additionally, The Savannah Theater is the oldest continually operating theatrical venue in America.
- Forsyth Park: This beautiful park, originally named Forsyth Place, is a great place to walk, jog, or take pictures since it is situated close to Savannah's Historic District.
- The Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum: This museum plays host to several innovative models, an exquisite garden, paintings, and antiques. They are all housed in a famous and elegant old Southern home.
In Savannah, it is easy to find a vacation rental located just minutes from great dining and cosmopolitan shopping, so leave the car at home and instead stroll along Savannah's beautiful brick, historic walkways. Spend your days exploring the seemingly infinite number of museums and cathedrals in the city then retreat home at night to your condo or beach rental to relax.