About Seneca Falls
Located at the northern most tip of the Finger Lake district in upstate New York, few places can rival Seneca Falls' vast woodlands and beautiful mountain lakes. With plenty of recreation, arts, culture, entertainment, fine dining, and delicious wine, there is something for everyone here.
Some of the attractions you will want to experience include:
- Finger Lakes Wine Trails: Wine enthusiasts will love Seneca Falls, as it is a part of a series of wineries located in the Finger Lakes region. Spend an afternoon touring the wineries and grapevines that line the shores of Seneca Lake while tasting some of the best wine in the world. Bring bikes and ride along the trails against breathtaking views of the vineyards.
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge: This area, originally established in 1938, is home to more than 7,000 acres of migratory birds and other unique animals.
- A Wonderful Life Weekend: Join the city's annual event to celebrate the film's anniversary each December. The city hosts many events, including a screening of It's a Wonderful Life, pictures with Santa, horse-drawn sleigh rides, train rides, and more.
- Women's Rights National Historic Park: Over 150 years ago, the women's suffrage movement was born and Seneca Falls was its birthplace. This park commemorates and honors that within some beautiful surroundings.
- National Women's Hall of Fame: This museum was created to honor U.S. women who have contributed something unique to the country. It includes a number of exhibits, artifacts, and has a special research library too.
Walk just minutes from your vacation rental to the ideal place for swimming, boating, fishing, and sailing. Spend your days meandering along hiking and biking trails then enjoy your private lake house at night and curl up around the fireplace with family and friends.