Located on scenic Sitka Sound, directly across from Mt Edgecumb Volcano, Sharon's Cabin on The Sound offers incredible Alaskan experiences;
Relax in our Waterfront Hot Tub while watching for eagles, whales, sea
lions and more. Get to know Freddie, our resident otter, as he swims on his back each morning watching you have coffee.
Sharon's Cabin on The Sound is best known as a 4 bedroom, 4 bath waterfront rental, but is now being remodeled for 2014 and will now be two separate unit; Sharon's Cabin Upper, 3 Bedrooms, 3 baths with living, dining, kitchen and deck, and Sharon's Cabin Lower, 1 Bedroom, 1 bath, with full kitchen, living, dining! Upper will sleep 6 comfortably, plus we have a roll-away bed for that one extra that decides to tag along, and the lower will sleep 2, with room for one tag-a-lone if they don't mind sleeping in a roll-away. Together, you could sleep up to 10. Rent separate at price shown, or rent both and get a 10% discount.
For returning guests, here are the changes when complete. You're gonna love it! We promise! Many of you we talked when you were here in 2013 to be sure we were able to meet all your needs.
Go to www.sitkacabin.com to follow our remodel!
* Upper level will be a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, living, dining, kitchen combo, with laundry and deck.
* Lower level will be a separate 1 bedroom, 1 bath, living, dining, kitchen combo, with laundry and deck.
* Connection to guests in the lower level will be via an external staircase at the end of the deck.
* New with remodel; incredible views as the whole front wall is being opened-up with glass from end to end.
* You will now have 2 bedrooms on the right, with connecting baths, and one bedroom on the left with connecting bath. Laundry will be a small alcove in hallway.
* Upstairs now will have an incredible view end to end, all new appliances, and a kitchen to allow an easier working path and an island to allow visiting while cooking.
* Lower level will be a second separate 1 bedroom, 1 bath, with full kitchen, living, dining and laundry.
* The oceanfront hot tub and fire pit will be shared by both units.
* You will be able to rent each unit separate, or together and receive a 10% discount.With a large fully-equipped kitchen, dining out is not necessary. Cook up your own salmon on our large propane grill on the upper deck. Roast marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire pit at the waterside.
Relax with a glass of wine in our waterfront hot tub and watch the boats go by.
Enjoy your own private room, now with connected bath, each equipped with cable TV and wireless internet. Enjoy dining and relaxing in our large living, dining area, soaking in the view.
It's not unusual to watch otters as they float around on their back, looking up at you on the deck. Whales, seal lions, otter and harbor dolphins can frequently be seen from the dock. Eagles dive for their breakfast right in front while you're eating yours.
Kayaks can be put in at the public beach, less than 100 yards away. The city bus stop offers inexpensive transport into town. Only three miles from downtown makes it an easy hike on sunny days.
Check-in is 3pm
Check-out is 10am
Early arrivals and late departures must be pre-approved.
We are glad to offer, FREE Wireless Internet and cable TV. All utilities are included on both daily and extended
Used auto rentals are also available, dependent on car availability. Must be reserved prior to arrival.
Watching tours and other wildlife viewing opportunities are available
as well as salmon and halibut fishing. Just call our office and we'll be
glad to set them up for you. 907-738-0176
Additional amenities include: telephone - local calls, washer and dryer....Read more
*Price shown does not include taxes and other services that
may be required by owner or property manager.*
* Short Stays less than 30 nights, Rates shown are for up to four people.
* $25 per night for each additional person/child.
* Extended Stays 30 nights or longer, price shown includes up to four people, extra people $500 each
* Stays 30 days and longer require cleaning fee of $100 plus tax
* Damage/Cancellation/Cleaning Deposit on Short Stay is $500,
* Damage/Cancellation/Cleaning Deposit on Extended Stays 30 nights or longer is $2,000 >Check-in is at 3pm, Check-Out is at 11am.
>NO Early arrival without prior approval.
>All rentals Outside Smoking Only
/ night - / night - manager terms applymanager terms apply
Request more information
Talk to the manager
Call the manager
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.