Snowmass Village and Aspen lie high in the rocky, snow covered mountains of northwestern Colorado. Not only is this a challenging landscape of rugged, breathtaking natural beauty, it's also an internationally renowned skiing destination. Champion caliber skiers come to the Aspen area from all over the world to experience its pristine runs and exhilarating courses.
During the winter season, white snow and dazzling sun provide a perfect backdrop for family fun. Snowmass offers hills for all experience levels, varied terrain, and skilled instruction for first-time skiers.
During the summer, the same mountains provide beautiful backcountry trails and lakes and rivers perfect for boating, swimming and fishing. Come during the fall to experience the changing autumn colors and the annual Aspen Jazz Festival. In the spring, watch the wildflowers bloom and the mountains return to life.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Go skiing and snowboarding: Aspen and the skiing areas around Snowmass Village are legendary for their powdery trails, long secluded runs and majestic natural beauty.
- Hike the trails: Government Trail and East Snowmass Trail are two of the popular hikes near the village. In the spring these trails bloom with flowers and are excellent places to go bird watching. In the winter, go snowshoeing along the level grades and spot elusive wildlife.
- Go mountain biking: The same mountain slopes that beckon skiers in the wintertime later draw mountain bikers in search of adventure and challenging trails.
- Play a round of golf: Golfing is another great way to experience Aspen in the summer. The Snowmass Club Golf Course is especially popular.
- Have a whitewater rafting adventure: Between May and October, go whitewater rafting down the Roaring Fork and Arkansas Rivers.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Take a magical ride over the mountains and view all of Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley from above. Most ballooning adventures involve a traditional champagne brunch. There's no more romantic way to experience the rugged and beautiful landscape of this area.
No matter what time of year you arrive in Snowmass or what you decide to do-boating, horseback riding, waterskiing, snowboarding or just relaxing in a luxurious spa-you'll need a place to stay. You won't have any trouble finding the perfect vacation rental that offers all the comforts and conveniences of home in Snowmass. Book a secluded cabin with a fireplace where you can relax after a long day of snowy adventures or rent a beautiful lakeside villa in the summer.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
2 Bedroom Ritz Carlton Residence * 2.5 Bathrooms * Sleeps 6 * Access to Resort Amenities. With a plethora of things to do in all seasons, Aspen is famous for its acclaimed cuisine, summer festivals, superior skiing, and luxury shopping. The Ritz Carlton Club condos at Aspen are just close enough to dabble in this …
With a private hot tub, upscale amenities, and panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, this beautiful Aspen vacation rental atop a bluff is a luxurious retreat fit for royalty.
Located on a private acre lot overlooking downtown Aspen, guests are less than two miles from shopping, dining, and the slopes.
With an uncompromising attention to detail, Aspen Oasis Estate combines comfort, elegance and master craftsmanship to make your Aspen stay unforgettable. The estate is situated on over 40 private acres with views of Snowmass Village and Ajax, and is just a ten minute drive from Aspen and three minutes to Snowmass …
Very easy ski access to the mountain. This comfortable and stylish mountain home has 4 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, a separate den/entertaining area, a study with a pull-out sofa, pitched ceilings, great natural light and is surrounded by aspen trees. It is perfect for a large family or a group of friends. The great room …
This magnificent luxury estate features mountain living at its finest, with breathtaking top-of-the-world views of all four Aspen ski areas and the entire Elk Mountain range. The setting provides the utmost privacy since the estate is on six acres located in the exclusive Starwood gated subdivision, home of John …
Situated close to downtown Aspen, major ski resorts and steps away from the free shuttle service or about a five minute drive to town. Five bedrooms with two king beds and three queen beds, media room, 5.5 baths and 2 car garage, Nice view of Red Mountain and lots of trees and flowers. New furniture and high-end …
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.