Snowmass Village is one of the modern little towns of Northern Colorado perched on the edge of the Rocky Mountain frontier. Some of the highest summits and most beautiful ski slopes in the country rise up around this charming winter vacation destination in the Aspen area.
Come here in the wintertime to experience Snowmass at its best. The trails are powder soft, the sun falls brilliantly on blankets of pristine snow, and a day of fantastic winter activities and family fun awaits. When you aren't on the slopes, explore the charming shopping areas of the Village, relax in a luxury spa, or spend some time in a local cafe enjoying a hot cup of cocoa and a good conversation. In the evening, experience world class restaurants and live music.
During the summer, Snowmass is just as beautiful and inspiring. Come here to hike the trails to exhilarating waterfalls and to spot wildlife like black bear and elk. Go horseback riding or rock climbing, or just relax and cast your line all afternoon in one of Colorado's crystal clear trout streams.
You'll never run out of things to do in the areas around Aspen and Snowmass, but here are some specific suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Go skiing or snowboarding: Explore the legendary ski areas and long secluded, powdery runs of Aspen and the skiing slopes around Snowmass Village.
- Hike the trails: Some of the same winter trails that are traveled by snowshoe and cross country ski become popular hiking trails in the summer. Try Government Trail and East Snowmass Trail to see hillsides blooming with wildflowers and breathtaking overlooks. These are also great places for wildlife spotting and bird watching.
- Go mountain biking: Both beginners and champion-class competitive mountain bikers love Aspen for its challenging trails and natural scenery.
- Play a round of golf: Try the emerald fairways and greens of the Snowmass Club Golf Course, another great way to experience Aspen during the summer.
- Have a whitewater rafting adventure: Between May and October, go whitewater rafting down the Roaring Fork and Arkansas Rivers.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Enjoy a traditional champagne brunch and view all of Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley from the basket of a colorful balloon.
You'll have no trouble finding a place to stay in Snowmass during any season of the year. Come in the winter and rent a cozy cabin with a roaring fireplace. During the spring and summer, find a lakeside villa or summer condo. In the fall, book a vacation rental with easy access to the trails and watch the Colorado Mountains burst into brilliant autumn color.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.