This is a beautiful 19th century stately home set in 6 acres of woodland and mature gardens with majestic century-old trees and large flat lawns. The fabulous facilities at
Manoir Basque (including a heated pool, hot tub, sauna and tennis court) and a stylish interior are enhanced by the option of partial or fully catered service; allowing guests to completely relax, safe in the knowledge that everything is being taken care of. The Manoir is in a perfect location, just a short walk away from a lovely village with a stunning lake and only short drive from the beach, vineyards, golf courses, cycling.. The list goes on.
AccommodationManoir Basque is ideal for large groups. It has 9
bedrooms, 8 ensuite bath/shower rooms and sleeps 18.
One enters the house from the front door into the impressively large and spacious sitting room.
The high, wooden beamed ceilings create a feeling of grandeur complimented by the beautiful parquet flooring, wood-panelled walls and the fine oak staircase.
This room exudes a lovely relaxed atmosphere created by the neutral tones and contemporary finishes that dominate.
This is the recurring feature throughout the rest of the house. Adjoining the main sitting room is the children’s den/TV/reading room;
a cosy room with a lovely marble fireplace, comfortable sofas, satellite TV, DVD player, a selection of DVD's, books, magazines, board games and children’s toys.
From either the billiard room or the main sitting room, you enter the elegant dining room.
The marble fireplace, candles, parquet floors and high ceilings with decorative mouldings and chandeliers create a very special atmosphere.
The billiard room has an open fireplace and snooker/pool table. There are a number of tables allowing guests to enjoy more intimate dining or larger groups can be seated together to create a more celebratory setting.
French doors lead to a lovely terrace where breakfast can be enjoyed al fresco style. The kitchen is accessed via the dining room. It is a fitted kitchen with double hob and two ovens (one on top of the other) with matching tiled work surface and splash back and a matching kitchen table seating six.
The other rooms at this end of the house consist of a convenient loo, pantry (also housing 3 fridges and an American style fridge freezer), and finally the staff study and basement access (staff only).
All the bedrooms in the house are beautifully decorated and have large and comfortable beds.
Each has its own television, DVD player, stereo system, hair dryer and WIFI 20MB access.
All en-suites have showers (some with baths too) and are decorated to a high standard and provide complimentary shower toiletries, slippers, fluffy dressing gowns and a generous array of towels.
* Bedroom 1 is a large charming double bedroom with ensuite shower room .
A light and spacious bedroom, enhanced by the soft cream finish, it has a four-poster double bed, a classic marble fireplace and two large windows.
* Bedroom 2
A delightful double bedroom, with modern design ensuite shower room . Housing a four-poster double bed; this room is light and spacious with a lovely marble fireplace and a large window with views of the garden. This bedroom also has the added luxury of sharing a large terrace with teak lounge chairs and views across the garden.
* Bedroom 3 & 4 The larger of this two-bedroom suite features an electronically controlled double bed in the master bedroom, a lovely marble fireplace and French double doors leading to a private balcony with views across the pool and lawns at the front of the estate.The second double bedroom can also be converted into a twin and is located next to the first. This lovely room is flooded with light and affords wonderful views across the gardens and towards the pool.
Both rooms share a large walk-in-wardrobe, a bathroom with Jacuzzi, plus have the luxury of access to a shared terrace area.
* Bedroom 5 This cosy double bedroom, is decorated with soft blues and muted greys making it peaceful and relaxing. There is a comfortable double bed, two large windows allow plenty of light to flood the room as well as offering lovely views across the gardens, to the side and front of the estate. Conveniently located in one corner of the room and separated by glass block dividing walls is an ensuite shower room.Second Floor:
* Bedroom 6 This lovely double bedroom features a private balcony with double French doors to wonderful views of the gardens. There is a double bed, a cosy fireplace and an ensuite shower room of
* Bedroom 7 This splendid double room, is light and airy, and has is a comfortable double bed, unique finishing touches give this room a truly fresh, seaside atmosphere. Double doors allow in plenty of light and fresh air while the window at the front of the room offers views across the gardens. Not only does this bedroom have an ensuite bathroom with shower, but the luxury of a private sauna too!
* Bedroom 8 is a super double bedroom featuring a private balcony with wonderful panoramic views of the pool and garden. There is a double/twin bed, a cosy fireplace plus double doors lead to a private balcony boasting gorgeous views of the swimming pool, gardens and glorious woodlands surrounding the property.
It also has an ensuite shower room.
* Bedroom 9 This cosy attic-style double has soft green furnishings and neutral tones giving the room a fresh and summery feel. There is a comfortable double bed and ensuite shower room separated by a modern-style glass block wall. Views of the pool, croquet lawn and gardens at the front of the estate can bee seen from the window.Outdoor living
The main house sits in the middle of the 2.6 hectare property.
It has a secluded feel and is separated from the road and other properties by mature trees, a variety of shrubs, hedges, flowers and flat lawns, as well as a small stream at one edge of the grounds .
The Manoir’s private heated and enclosed swimming pool is large at 15 x 7 metres in superb condition and includes an electric security cover for ensuring children's added safety when not in use.
There is also a recently installed hot tub within the pool enclosure, which seats six adults allowing you to sit back and relax, with a glass of bubbly perhaps?
The pool is open for use from Easter to the end October and staff will guarantee a pool temperature of 28C from mid May to end September each year. April is normally around 25C and October is largely weather dependent but will not be below 22C.
The full size tennis court is brand new and in perfect condition; it even has an umpire's chair!
You will have a choice from eight quality racquets provided for both children and adults.
The children’s playground is located next to the tennis court if you fancy burning off a few of those yummy croissants whilst the children happily burn off some of their excess energy.
There is also a basketball net at one end of the court so older children may like to practice ‘shooting hoops’ whilst you have a match too.
You will have a choice of many outdoor areas to sit and eat or just read the paper. There is a south facing terrace at the front of the house with table and chairs seating 8, a terrace off the dining room for garden breakfasts, and finally the 'piece de la resistance', a pool terrace of 90m² for outside candlelit dining, BBQ lunches and special events.
The pool house, (also on the poolside terrace) contains a bar area, a built in BBQ, fridges, and ice-cream freezer.
There is also a loo and shower for guest convenience.
Additional amenities include: game room, golf nearby, 8 bathrooms: 1, no of bedrooms: 9, wedding venues, close to airport, baby equipment, fishing nearby, village walking distance, boulangerie walking distance, many ensuite rooms, bicycles, chateaux & manoirs, tennis court, close to village, saturday changeover, maid service, heated swiming pool, wine tasting nearby, restaurant walking distance....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.