Amelia’s at Moonta Bay (rated 4.5 stars by AAA Tourism) - is situated on South Australia’s Yorke Peninsula and was built in the 1870’s. It has been lovingly and elegantly renovated over the last 5 years by its current owners to its present opulence.
A romantic, fully self contained cottage just a leisurely walk or drive to the shops or beautiful Moonta Bay beach. Everything is supplied and you need to bring nothing with you except your suitcase.
Amelia's also provides a courtesy vehicle - we can pick you up from the Adelaide airport and drive you to your accommodation, tours of the Clare Valley wineries can be organized which can include lunch at Skillogalee Winery. Even if you wish to dine out, our courtesy vehicle can collect you from Amelia's and then bring you back home after your meal.
Our facilities include:
• Reverse cycle air conditioning
• Combustion wood heater
• Piped music throughout with individual room controls
• 2 x queen sized bedrooms - 1 with historic 4-poster timber bed
• Ensuite with large 2 person spa bath
• Luxurious bath robes
• Complimentary slippers
• Champagne bucket and flutes
• Fresh flowers
• Provisions for continental and cooked breakfast each morning
• Full sized, fully equipped timber kitchen
• S/S appliances
• Assortment of tea i.e. Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green, etc.
• Decaffeinated coffee as well as regular coffee
• Coffee machine as well as a Coffee plunger
• Cocoa and marshmallows
• Crystal decanter of Port
• Hand made chocolates
• Afternoon tea on arrival
• Unique ‘Meet and Greet’ service
• Outdoor kitchen
• Gas barbecue
• Outdoor settings
• Beautiful gardens
• Off street parking
• And not forgetting our Concierge Service
. Local tours
. IN-HOUSE MASSAGES
. 3 COURSE IN-HOUSE DINNER PREPARED AND COOKED FOR YOU BY A QUALIFIED CHEF
So why not get away from it all and just rekindle that special relationship - maybe you have been too busy to spoil your partner as you should - now is the opportunity. Have you forgotten what it is like to share a meal of fish and chips - or one of Amelia's platters - on the beach at sunset? Just go for a stroll along the beach, come home and relax in the spa, or when it is cold and dreary, settle on the lambswool rug in front of the romantic combustion heater with a glass of port and nibbling on some hand made chocolates or perhaps a cup of steaming hot cocoa and marshmallows is more to your liking. AAAAH ROMANCE!!
Make Amelia's your base and experience all that the Yorke Peninsula has to offer.i.e.
- Innes National Park at Marion Bay
- 'Walk the Yorkes' - tourism walk
- Fishing/Fishing Charters
- Barley Stacks Winery
- Moonta Chocolates and Sweets - Yummmm
- Cornish Kitchen for those famous Cornish pasties and other bakery delights
- Nautical Museum at Wallaroo
- Moonta Tourism Train
- Moonta Mines Miner's Cottage
- Moonta Mines Museum
- Moonta Heritage Trail Walk
These are just some of the things you can experience on the Yorke Peninsula....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.