DOMINIQUE'S GETAWAY HOUSE JA- MINS TO GOLF/ BEACH

From $90 / night

Payment Protection



Description from the owner

  • House
  • 2 bedrooms
  • 2 bathrooms
  • Sleeps 4

Bedrooms: 2

Bathrooms: 2

Sleeps: 4

Type: House

DOMINIQUE'S GETAWAY HOUSE JA- MINS TO GOLF/ BEACH

WELCOME HOME: ARE YOU VISITING JAMAICA FROM OVERSEAS?

ON A BUDGET? SPECIAL DISCOUNTS FOR LONG TERM STAYS! ADVENTUROUS? INTO HISTORICAL RESEARCH? WANT SOMEPLACE OFF THE BEATEN PATH & AWAY FROM IT ALL? WANT TO ENJOY THE REAL JAMAICA? Don't waste your $$ money at expensive hotels! Live like a local Enjoy the real Jamaica!. Enjoy this spacious 2 bedroom furnished apartment section of this fully grilled duplex house with Security Camera System, Motion Detector Security lights on property, in this residential area of St. Catherine Parish. You will have access to 2 bedrooms over sized living/dining room, open- concept kitchen, full bath(hot & ...Read more

About the owner

Vie. S.

  • Response rate 85%
  • Response time A few hours
  • Calendar updated 14 days ago
  • Overall rating
    4.8 / 5.0 based on 4 reviews and 3 properties

Map

DOMINIQUE'S GETAWAY HOUSE JA- MINS TO GOLF/ BEACH
Spanish Town, Jamaica

Restaurant Icon Restaurants Attraction Icon Attractions Property Icon Nearby Rentals

Additional Location Information

30 minutes from Norman Manley/Kingston international airport. Travel along Old Harbour road, turn into Cromarty and travel into Horizon Park,after round a bout; make a right on to Westminister Avenue. Approx 1/4 mile make a left at Savoy Avenue, after then about 1/8 mile look for Carib Avenue on the left.

******From Montego Bay Airport/Sangster International airport to**** Spanish Town area is 2 hours 45 Minutes************
Located 15 minutes from the famous Caymanas Golf Club and popular Hellshire beach.
10 mins from historic Spanish Town
10 mins from famed seafood Old Harbour bay
15 minutes from Portmore area
House is fully grilled, secure, security cameras, motion detector lighting ,residential area.

Popular local restaurants,night-clubs, pharmacies, medical offices, Internet cafes... approx 5-7 minutes by car-along Old Harbour road.

Local taxis operate frequently along the avenue.

Private taxis available on request.

Horizon Pk is a residential community off the main road-midway between Spanish Town & Old Harbor Town center. With easy and convenient access for commuters to Kingston or Spanish Town on Highway 2000. Located in a private section of the subdivision, you will find well maintained homes. Other amenities include Electric Hot Water Heater, Backup Water Storage Tank, enjoy the East-indian Mango Tree, coconut tree, overhanging Ackee tree in the back yard. Property is secure with private Parking.
*********************************************
Historic Spanish Town Square
Parish: St. Catherine
Spanish Town, built by the Spanish after Sevilla Nueva (New Seville) was abandoned, dates from 1534. It was first known as Villa de la Vega, later St. Jago de la Vega and then Spanish Town. The town is the oldest continuously inhabited city in Jamaica. It was the capital of Spanish Jamaica from 1534 to 1655. When the English captured the island in 1655, Spanish Town remained the capital of the island until 1872 when this status was conferred on Kingston. Spanish Town still possesses memories of the past with its many historical buildings. The Emancipation Square is generally acclaimed to be the most impressive of its kind in the West Indies.
****************************************
Old King's House
In 1762, a new official residence for the Governor, King's House, was erected on the site of the Old Spanish Hall of Audience. The Hall was demolished in 1761 to make room for the new mansion. This building formed the first unit of the civic square designed in the then popular Georgian style.
In 1838, the proclamation of the abolition of slavery was read from the steps of King's House. The structure was destroyed by fire in 1925 leaving only the main eastern facade and the stables.
****************************************
Old House of Assembly
This two storey brick structure was constructed around 1762. The House of Assembly was the scene of many bitter debates and struggles between the Governors and the members of the Assembly.
The Assembly Chamber was used occasionally to host balls to honour celebrities. In 1838 for example, the Assembly Chamber was used to host a ball in honour of Sir Henry Bartley on his arrival in Jamaica as Governor.
When the capital of the island was transferred to Kingston in 1872, the Assembly met at Headquarters House in Kingston. After this date, the Old House o f Assembly was used for several purposes. The structure now houses the offices and Mayor's Parlour of the St. Catherine Parish Council.
****************************************************
Rodney's Memorial
This elaborate edifice was created in honour of the celebrated British Admiral Lord Rodney. The Memorial, designed by the famous English sculptor John Bacon in 1801, commemorates Rodney's victory over a French fleet that had attempted to invade the island in 1782. Rodney is made to resemble a Roman Emperor.
A tavern dating from the time of the Spanish occupation, which is said to have also been where the mules and horses belonging to the Governor were tethered was demolished to make way for the statue.

**********************************************
Old Court House
This Georgian building on the south side was the last unit built to complete the Square. It was erected in 1819 at a cost of 15, 700 pounds. The site was originally a cemetery and later a Chapel. It was then altered to form an arsenal for small arms. This structure was eventually destroyed and the Court House was then erected on the site. The upper level of the building was used as a Town Hall.
In 1986, the Court House was destroyed by fire.
************************************************************

St. Catherine Heritage Sites
• Flat Bridge - constructed after 1724, with piles and braces interlaced with masonry.
• Historic Cast Iron Bridge (Spanish Town) - erected in 1801, constructed with cut stone and is cast iron
• Mountain River Cave - first reported in 1897 by J. F. Duerden.
• Two Sisters Cave - located in the Hellshire Hills, St. Catherine.
• Jericho Baptist Church - erected in 1835, is of cut stone and brick construction.
• Mount Nebo Baptist - founded in 1837, the present building dates from the early twentieth century.
• Phillippo Baptist Church - erected in 1827, is named after the eminent Baptist Missionary James Phillippo.
• Spanish Town Cathedral - a.k.a. St. Catherine Parish Church, was built in the 2nd half of the 17th century.
• St. Dorothy's Anglican - constructed of cut stone, brick, mortar, and wood.
• Spanish Town Court House - Georgian building was erected at a cost of ₤15,700
• Old Police Station & Court House - After the historic Court House in Emancipation Square was gutted by fire, the site of the Old Police Station was refurbished. During this time, the special constables attached to the Spanish Town Police continued to operate out of the old police station.
• Fort Augusta - completed in the 1750s and named Fort Augusta in honour of the mother of King George III.
• Fort Small - built in 1782 to protect the bay between Port Henderson and the Hellshire Hills.
• Sligoville - the first Free Village in Jamaica.
• Hayfield House - excellent example of a modest Georgian residence adapted to the local climate.
• Highgate House - considered to be the oldest structure in the district of Sligoville.
• Thetford Great House - Colonel Thomas Fuller received the Thetford property as a reward for his role in the 1655 capture of Jamaica by the British.

• Spanish Town - built by the Spanish after Sevilla Nueva (New Seville) was abandoned, dates from 1534.
• Colbeck Castle - a massive stone and brick ruin with walls standing to their full original height.
• Colbeck Castle Development Proposal - At present Colbeck Castle lies in ruins.
• Bog Walk Gorge - Bog Walk is derived from the Spanish words Boca de Agua which means water's mouth.
• White Marl Taino Midden and Museum - was established in 1965 in memory of Dr. Randolph Howard
• Highway 2000 - Jamaica's first toll highway. It will be constructed in two phases.
• Old Harbour Bypass - 14.7 Kilometers of highway traverse the parishes of Clarendon and St. Catherine.
• Bog Walk Railway Station - constructed around 1895.
• Linstead Railway Station - built around 1885, boasts a very simple Jamaica/Georgian style of architecture.
• Old Harbour Railway Station - constructed around 1879, a two-storey Jamaica/Georgian structure.
• Riversdale Railway Station - erected around 1896, a two storey Jamaica/Georgian timber building
• Spanish Town Railway Station - built in 1845, a Jamaica/Georgian style brick building
• Bushy Park Aqueduct - built between 1760 and 1780 and was a part of the Bushy Park Sugar Estate factory works.

More About This Location

Warm winter getaways

Getting There

Nearest ferry port: KINGSTON, 30 miles
Nearest airport: KINGSTON/NORMAN MANLEY INTERNATIONAL, 35 miles
Car is not necessary

Availability

Amenities

Reviews (3)

Also Consider

FlipKey has rentals in over 11,000 destinations around the world: