This delightful one bedroom cottage, situated on the edge of the popular village of Staveley is perfect for couples looking for a romantic break in the Lake District at any time of the year.
This delightful cottage sits on the fringe of the popular village of Staveley well known for its many cycling and walking routes over the Kentmere valley. A short stroll from your door step is the award winning pub, The Watermill, which serves homemade food using locally sourced ingredients and fine ales such as Colley Wobbles. With easily accessible bus and train links just minutes away Gilpins is perfectly located for those who wish to explore the Lake District without the need for a car.
Gilpins is a quaint, comfortably furnished, white washed cottage full of character with beams throughout. For those delightful relaxing nights in, snuggle up in front of the cosy log burning fire with an enjoyable glass of wine. During the summer months why not dine alfresco on the pleasant south facing patio and absorb the charm of the cottage.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
* Lounge with log burning stove, Freeview TV and DVD player.
* Kitchen with electric hob and oven, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine.
* Dining room.
* First floor: Double bedroom with characterful beams..
* Bathroom with power shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* All electric and bed linen included.
* Sorry no cot or highchair available.
* Private parking for one car.
* Enclosed patio with garden furniture and BBQ
CLICK HERE to see all our dog friendly cottages Lake District
CLICK HERE to see all our Lake Windermere cottages.
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, dog friendly, no. bathrooms: 1, october half term availability, pets yes, lakes cottage holidays 3*, parking facilities: private parking (private parking for 2 cars), garden or outdoor area: secure garden, seasonal promotionals, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, bedrooms 1: 1, bathrooms 1: 1, sleeps 2, no. bedrooms: 1, february half term availability, price c from £340 pw, cottages for 2, valentine availability, this months bargains, summer school holidays, budget holidays, pets yes: 1 dog, windermere, budget cottages, easter availability, double beds: 1, pub within walking distance, star grading: 3*, changeover friday.TripAdvisor property ID 2118351...Read more
Left on 11/28/2013 for a stay in November 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Nov 28, 2013Stayed Nov 2013
Traffic noise spoilt this holiday - forget a lie in.
To get hot water and hot radiators we had to purchase fuel and keep the fire in. Water pump located in lounge very noisy. Mattress on bed needs renewing. Not possible to use dining room as it was too cold and the table too large. Light bulbs too weak.
Best thing about this cottage was location to nearby excellent pub. Sadly we couldn't walk to it as road was too busy and noisy.
Left on 08/18/2013 for a stay in July 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Aug 18, 2013Stayed Jul 2013
- Main issue is that it is situated on what looks like a layby on the main road into Windermere so noisy through the night and a worry if the dog had gotten out.
_ Part of the staircase does not have a rail so is not good for people with mobility problems which I have.
- The bathroom had not been properly cleaned.
- Only a two seater couch to sit on in living room so very cosy.
- Only one electric socket by the kitchen units so you cant use the toaster and make tea at the same time
- It is near Windermere and within walking distance of local pubs
- The kitchen is modern and well equipped
- It has lots of cupboard spaces and loads of coat hangers
- The bedroom is spacious
- It has wifi
- The television gets a lot of channels (sky not just freeview)
Overall would not stay again becaause just off the main road
Minimum stay and check-in day vary by time of the year.
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
/ night - / night - manager terms applymanager terms apply
Request more information
Talk to the manager
Call the manager
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.