About Stockholm County
Spread across 14 islands, Stockholm, Sweden is known around the world for its exquisite beauty and variety of offerings. Culturally, there is plenty of art, music, fashion, historical sites and museums for visitors to enjoy. The city also offers excellent dining, entertainment, and shopping too. For those who thrive in outdoor recreation, there are several parks, forests, and beaches where travelers can enjoy activities such as walking, biking, hiking, boating, and swimming. The nightlife in Stockholm is also buzzing with excitement from the various clubs and venues. After a couple days of sightseeing and outdoor adventure, be sure to pamper yourself with a treatment at a spa in Stockholm because it definitely won't disappoint.
Some of the sights you won't want to miss include:
- The Vasa Museum: This museum houses King Gustavus Adolphus' ship, the Vasa, an elaborate vessel featuring more than 700 carved sculptures. Guided tours, a film, and signs that tell the ill-fated ship's story are also an integral part of the experience.
- Skansen Open-Air Museum: Founded in 1891, this attraction is the world's first open-air museum. It offers visitors an innovative experience of Swedish life from previous eras. Skansen also includes a zoo, full of Scandinavian animals, and other wildlife.
- Stureplan: Situated in the center of the city within the financial district, this square has many high-end shops, restaurants, and nightclubs.
- Aquaria Water Museum: This attraction is an aquarium and environmental museum. It features specialty exhibitions about the sea, reefs, rainforests, and ocean life.
- The National Museum of Art: This museum showcases the best of Swedish furniture, china, and glass as well as paintings from a diverse selection of Swedish 19th and 20th-century masters. The entrance hall also welcomes visitors with exquisite frescos by Carl Larsson.
- The Opera House: The breathtaking exterior of this opera house is matched only by its interior. With excellent acoustics and vantages from nearly every seat in the house, viewing a production here is simply unforgettable.
You can experience all that Stockholm has to offer while enjoying all the comforts of home, if you book a vacation rental for your stay. Whether you want to be downtown in the heart of all of the city's action or on its outskirts enjoying the natural surroundings, there is rental available that can meet all of your needs.