A luxury cottage sleeping up to 6 people individually styled set in a tranquil location with picturesque views.
Located one mile from the picturesque village of Stoke Gabriel and three miles from the medieval town of Totnes. Stoke Gabriel is a former salmon-fishing village on the banks of the River Dart. The village boasts two pubs including the 13th Century Church House Inn with a choice of real ales and regular guest beers. There is also a waterside café/bistro The River Shack Cafe where you can enjoy watching the boats come and go, and relax and watch the children crabbing by the waterside. With Aish Cross making your pets welcome, this is the ideal area for you to walk with your dog. With the beaches of Torbay nearby, it is also an ideal base with Dittisham, Kingswear and Dartmouth just a short motor or sail down river, and close to what must be two of the most beautifully positioned pubs in the world The Maltsters at Tuckenhay, and The Ferry Boat Inn at Dittisham, both sitting on the River Dart with impressive views out over the water. The wonderful mild climate of the River Dart valley means it is a great place to enjoy all year round, perfect if you enjoy walking, fishing, bird watching, eating and drinking, golf, horse riding not forgetting canoeing, sailing and crabbing. The cottages have easy access to Torbay with its extensive amenities – and the beautiful South Hams beaches and Dartmoor are a relatively short drive away.
The lovely nest of three luxury cottages adjoin the main country house and have been converted to a very high standard and designed with comfort and quality in mind to provide you with a memorable holiday experience in the beautiful small hamlet of Aish, with views across the picturesque valley of the River Dart and the gentle rolling hills of the South Hams and Totnes. They are all individually styled and nestled in a tranquil setting, surrounded by farmland with an abundance of beautifully scented wild flowers throughout the year, providing the perfect place to relax and unwind.
As the name suggests, the cottage has been created from the original Carriage House and provides spacious characterful accommodation. The oil central heated accommodation comprises:
* Entrance through conservatory with tiled flooring.
* Leading into a large open plan lounge/dining room with TV, DVD player, stereo with CD and wood burning stove.
* Adjoining fully equipped kitchen with slate flooring, cooker, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
* Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
* First floor: Two bedrooms with super-king size bed which can be made up into twin beds.
* Both with en-suite bathrooms with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
* Third bedroom is optional (£95 extra per week) and is accessed through bedroom one with twin beds or a super kingsize bed.
* All the cottages have oil, electric, logs, bed linen and towels included.
* Cot and highchair available.
* Ample private parking.
* Hard wired internet access in each cottage.
* Orchard for the sole use of guests to enjoy with garden furniture, BBQ and children’s play equipment.
* Log store.
* Separate laundry room shared between the three cottages with washing machine and tumble dryer available to use after 1pm.
Additional amenities include: wood burning stove yes, open fire/stove: wood burning stove, new cottages, 5* cottages, bedrooms 2/3: 1, garden or outdoor area, bathrooms 2/3: 1, no. bathrooms: 3, dog friendly, changeover saturday, october half term availability, pets yes, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, parking facilities: private parking, easter availability, february half term availability, no. bedrooms: 3, washer/dryer, close to a beach, visit britain 5* gold, total number of beds for single sex groups ie double, twin, single, bunk: 6, summer school holidays, school holiday discounts, pets yes: 1 dog, midweek & weekend short break, sleeps 4/6, star grading: 5*, double beds: 3, pets yes: 2 dogs, pub within walking distance, devon and cornwall, price ac from £680 pw....Read more
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.