FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship Contest Rules
FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
At FlipKey, we value the importance of travel and cultural immersion, and are offering the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship to put toward studying abroad.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District who are at least 18 years old at time of entry (each individually an “Entrant”, and collectively “Entrants”). By participating in the Contest, unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of FlipKey, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and judging of entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrantssolely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest and a purchase willthe ability of an Entrant to win. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and immediadefined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same househor not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installatioprohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Contest begins on October 1, 2016 and ends on August 15, 2017 at 11:59pm EST (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants can enter the Contest by emailing an essay describing why travel is important to the Entrant, of 1,000 words email@example.com, along with the Entrant’s name, college at which they are enrolled full time, mailing address and documentation proving the Entrant’upcoming enrollment in a study abroad program, which together will constitute a Contest entry (an “Entry”). FlipKey must receive your Entry by August11:59pm EST. By submitting an Entry, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR.You may not use multiple email accounts to participate in the Contest. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. LEntry per person. If more than one (1) Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than one (1) Entry by using the same,different names or email addresses, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest.
4. JUDGING: The winning Entry will be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteriastyle, creativity and persuasiveness.Sponsor will select the winning essay and announce it on flipkey.com on August 30, 2017. Final determination of the winning Entry is at the Sponsoabsolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an EntryEntrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Contest (including all moral and othauthorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest) become Sponsoand will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entlikeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide iwith this Contest, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry,in part, for any and all purposes and in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or cothroughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:Each Entry submitted (i) must be Entrant’s own original work and must not contain work not created by Entrant, (ii) must not be disparaging to Sponsorin keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (iii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous orpornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iv) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profaexcessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (v) may not violate or encourage others to violate any lordinance or regulation, (vi) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon personal or property right or any other third party right, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or thatcopyright infringement, (vii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, otherelating to Sponsor which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in this Contest, (viii) may not include references beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (ix) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s website or the proper conduct of the Contest.Entrant must have permission from all individuals that are referenced in the Entry (if any) to use their name in the Entry and to grant the righherein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on its website or for any other public reEntry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and respect to all matters relating to this Contest.
7. PRIZE: Sponsor will choose one essay as the winner and will give the Entrant with the winning essay a $1,000 scholarship to put toward a program (the “Prize”). The check for $1,000 will be sent to the winner’s college’s financial aid office by September 30, 2017. Taxes on the Prize,solely the responsibility of the Entrant receiving the Prize. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponthe right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualand select an alternate winner if the Prize is returned undeliverable. The Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on request.
8. WINNER SELECTION: One Entrant will be selected by Sponsor according to the Judging Criteria. Entrants are subject to verification that they aparticipants as define by these rules. Sponsor will notify the winning Entrant via email. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponotification email within 72 hours from the time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email message or such prize will be forfeited. In the evpotential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email isundeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must reSponsor’s prize notification email within 72 hours from the time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, Entry, photo, school and prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and aknown or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, prohibited by law.The winning Entrant will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”) within 24 hours of notorder to receive the Prize (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). Some restrictions apply. All taxes or expensewithout limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner ascosts incurred in entering into the Contest or using or enjoying the Prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending moneyspecifically stated otherwise). No substitutions or cash equivalent of the Prize will be permitted. The Prize is non-transferable.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errormalfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, serversor software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entdisqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant andwith these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online servor other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required tof being an authorized account holder.
10. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directorsand agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs aincluding reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of the Prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant iwith this Contest or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Contest.
11. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affliability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connpreparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance or use of the Prize or participation in any Contest-related acclaims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matterthe Contest. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Spresponsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delatransmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligehas the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running thplanned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligreceived up to time of such action either by using the Judging Criteria or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not reschanges to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion tEntrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor,or any other Entrant.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to FlipKey Attn: FlipKey Marketing, 226 Causeway St02114. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after the Prize is awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by September
15. SPONSOR: FlipKey, Inc., 226 Causeway St. Boston, MA 02114.