Cosy rustic property in the hamlet of Nogarolo, above the lakes of Revine, between Conegliano and Vittorio Veneto, close to the lakes of Revine the towns of Vittorio Veneto and Conegliano, and the Dolomites mountains. Only 50 minutes from Venice. The 17th century house is on three levels, the ground floor (kitchen, dining/TV area) has its original beams while the rest is fully renovated, while keeping all the original charm. On the middle floor is the master bedroom (with spare bed) and bathroom, while the attic has a double bedroom and a small children's bedroom with bunk beds and a shower/toilet. There is ample wardrobe space, a washing machine, clothes-dryer, TV and wi-fi.
You come to Nogarolo to wind down. In autumn and winter, you slow down the pace, enjoying your meals with the warmth of the log burner. A short drive and you're in the local zone, with its agriturismi (farm restaurants), the Dolomites, or Venice. Or why not take an itinerary I have planned just for you? Perhaps to the enhanting zone of Montello or Asolo, that historic town of culture where the writers Robert Browning and Freya Stark lived? There is sport galore in winter too: walking locally, hiking or skiing in the mountains (40 minutes' drive). Drive up the mountain (20 mins.) and watch the paragliders take off, to sail the sky above the valley.
The Prosecco zone is beautiful, with great-value food and wine. Don't forget to sample from the wineries! The closest vineyard/restaurant/winery is just 8 mins' walk from the house. Taste and buy the local wines (Refrontolo, Prosecco, Cartizze). The zones of Cartizze and Valdobbiadene are 30 mins' drive while in autumn the valley comes alive with chestnut feasts. The biggest in Combai (20 minutes).
The Venetian Prealps are perfect for:
- Walking: from the house or by car, you are spoiled for choice. Local maps available in the house and routes provided by email after booking confirmation;
- Cycling: for both MTB and road cycling, there is a full choice of trails and roads for all tastes and fitness levels; guests have written their appreciation! The hardest climb is up the opposite mountain or Passo San Boldo. Incredible road build in WWI as an emergency connection;
- Paragliding and hang-gliding: we are 20 minutes from the take-off mountain (you can see the site from house) and 3 minutes from the lakeside landing strip. In the summer, a swim afterwards ends the day to be remembered for a lifetime. This site is the best in the Prealps (uncrowded take-off zone and perfect thermals).
- Swimming/Fishing: the Revine lakes (2 mins), the River Piave (30 mins) and Lago di Santa Croce (20 mins)
- Skiing: 35 minutes' from Nevegal winter ski resort (slopes for all and economical prices);
- Running: hilly environment and lots of trails. The Treviso marathon ((website: hidden)) starts from Vittorio Veneto; the Venice marathon (venicemarathon.it) starts near Padova. Revine Lago is a well-known venue for national triathlon events.
- Culture: Lots of information on the local sites of interest.
Hiring a car is essential as no bus connections come through this paradise! But you're just 8 minutes' drive from the nearest motorway (Vittorio Veneto Nord).
Local amenities: restaurant/pub in the village. Nearest shops 4 mins by car.
Parking: in the village, not security-locked (the village is not subject to crime!)
Welcome pack with list of local tried and tested local "agriturismi" (farm taverns/restaurants).
For more information, I shall be delighted to answer your questions.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.