Small House Near Mass Lubrense on the Amalfi Coast - Delfino
This self catering accommodation near Sorrento overlooks the enchanting bay of Mitigliano, a cove on the extreme tip of the Sorrento Peninsula. At this villa on the Sorrento Peninsula you can plunge into the small pool and enjoy the sea view from the trrace, or just relax in the garden under the shade of an olive tree.
This Sorrento accomodation is nearest to the village of Termini. The surrounding area has been recently declared a National Park; it is close to a WWF protected zone and is therefore a veritable oasis of peace, immersed in the Mediterranean scrub with close-up views of the island of Capri dominating the sea ahead. The property has ample external spaces, 300m2 of garden, a firewood pizza oven, built-in barbecue and even a bocce ball court! Not suitable for children under 12.
Rome (Fiumicino Airport): 267 km
Naples: 60 km
Pompeii: 40 km
Ravello: 30 km
Amalfi: 25 km
Positano: 20 km
Sorrento (cafes, restaurants, hospital, hydrofoil to Naples, Positano, Amalfi, Capri): 10 km
Massa Lubrense: 7 km
Termini (shops, post office, bar and restaurant): 1 km
Beach: 20 minute walk
Entrance into a small rustic style living room, with a stone tiled wall and fireplace (firewood available for an extra cost), meals area and open kitchen, leading to an outdoor portico with oven, barbecue area and laundry/WC room. Stairs to the upper level where there is a double bedroom with French windows and shutters to the terrace facing the sea; twin-bedroom with built-in wardrobe opening to the same terrace; bathroom with shower.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas.
* Cook Service: Upon request
* Cooking Classes: Upon request
* Pre-Stocked Villa: 30 Euros plus cost of groceries
* Welcome Basket: Upon request
* Extra Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
* Extra Linen Change: 30 Euros per room
* Laundry Service: Starting at 20 Euros per load
* Portable Baby Crib: 50 Euros per week
* Babysitting: 15 Euros per hour
* There is an English speaking Manager on-call.
* The access road is steep but if you are a good driver and your car is small, you can park virtually in front of the house, otherwise you can leave your car in a flat spot nearby. Car is essential.
* Housekeeping is provided for 4 hours per week, with linen change. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Additional amenities include: iron and board, firewood available - extra cost, housekeeping available - extra cost, fireplace - indoor, housekeeping - included, independent villa, balcony/terrace, free parking on premises, outside area - private.TripAdvisor property ID 2029035...Read more
Left on 10/08/2011 for a stay in September 2011 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Oct 8, 2011Stayed Sep 2011
Overall it was a good experience, although the road in and out was rather daunting and some basic essentials would have been nice.
The view except for the large eucalyptus tree which blocked most of it was spectacular. The peaceful, romantic exterior was lovely.
We probably least liked the road to the property and the fact that we weren't game to ever arrive after dark. The beds in the second bedroom were very minimally comfortable and there was really no place to set items. Also the tiny couch in the living area wasn't comfortable.
Left on 07/31/2002 for a stay in July 2002 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jul 31, 2002Stayed Jul 2002
The property was in a beautiful surrounding but was not adequate for the summer heat and we had problems with mosquitoes.
The view was beautiful.
- The heat at night prevented sleeping. There was only one fan provided with the place, so we asked the owner for another fan. However we could not keep the doors open (no screens on windows or doors) because of the mosquitoes. - This property was hard to access. We parked up at the top and walked down/up approx. 4 - 5 flights of stairs. - We also had problems with electricity. If you had too many things plugged in (i.e. washer going, hairdryer) the electricity would go out. - Finally, the owner and owners' friend/family were often on property preventing privacy
Sorrento is very nice but is about 30 minutes away. View of Capri is very pretty.
Left on 09/30/2001 for a stay in September 2001 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Sep 30, 2001Stayed Sep 2001
The space was great and the views extraordinary. I think you should really use the fact that the villa has a clear and close view of Capri as a selling point!
The outdoor spaces. There were flowers everywhere and olive trees. We also had tremendous views.
The driveway and roads were very steep.
We liked the fact that we were "removed" from most of civilization, but I think we would have liked to be a little closer to a town with at least a restaurant or a bank. It was a lot of work to schedule meals and shopping because we were so far away from everything. We spent a lot of time in Sorrento, which was the biggest town near the villa. Here you can take ferries to other locations, shop, eat out...it has basically everything you need.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.