Set in a small valley in the heart of the South Hams, The Linhay at Lukesland offers a chance to escape into the real Devon countryside. The property is set in an officially designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and surrounded by farmland. Lukesland is itself a registered holding whose 15 acres of grassland are quietly mown by grazing sheep and whose small, but prolific, flock of chickens lay fresh eggs for breakfast!
The Linhay is a newly converted barn, once used for milking and stables. The Linhay is attached to the owner's house but has its own, separate entrance from the courtyard, allowing easy access by car for unloading luggage. The spacious 40’ x 13’ room has a king-size double bed, underfloor heating, and a comfortable sitting room area with a kitchenette situated on the mezzanine floor.
Outside there is a gravelled barbecue area for the exclusive use of guests and a secluded garden, sunny all day, with a bench strategically positioned to bathe in the last rays of the setting sun. Guests are welcome to roam the fields, as are well behaved dogs on leads.
There are walks directly accessible from the property but, for the serious rambler, Dartmoor is just 15 minutes to the North and access to the South West Coast Path is 20 minutes south. Surfers will find sport close by at Bantham and sailors will delight in the facilities at Dartmouth and Salcombe. There are a number of golf courses in the area and Plymouth and Exeter offer film, theatre and other entertainments. The South Hams is an especially good base for the food lover; the area is blessed with fantastic restaurants and some famous chefs.
* The kitchen is situated on the mezzanine floor and comprises combination oven and microwave complete with grill, halogen hob, fridge and a washing machine
* A full range of utensils and accessories including a toaster, kettle and cafetiere
* An iron and ironing board are also supplied
* Furnished with an extending wooden dining table complete with four matching wooden chairs
* Furnished with a two-seater sofa, chair and pine coffee table
* Features a 22” LCD TV with integrated Freeview, DVD player, and a radio/CD/MP3 stereo system
* The sleeping area is situated in the living room and comprises king-size bed, two bedside tables complete with matching lamps, a chest of drawers and a fitted double wardrobe
* The fully tiled en suite wetroom comprises thermostatically controlled shower, bath with hand held shower attachment, wash basin, mirror, shaver point, heated towel rail and WC
* Access to the garden offering spectacular country views
* Barbecue area complete with a bench, patio table and four chairs
* Access to the owner's surrounding fields, offering peaceful walks
* Off-street parking for two vehicles
Additional amenities include: small dogs up to 15kg: 2, country views, over occupy with infants (yes), downstairs toilet, feature 3 (barbecue area and access to the secluded garden.), number of cots, feature 2 (surrounded by farmland in an area of outstanding natural beauty.), children permitted, medium dogs 15 25kg: 2, nearest beach (bantham - approx. 20 minutes.), detailed parking instructions (alongside the property. there is ample parking around the main house, but we ask guests to park in a designated area alongside the side wall of the linhay. guests are able to park outside the double door entrance to offload and to load.), feature 4 (within a 5 minute drive of two pubs and the local shop.), internet type (wifi__free_of_charge), high chair available, large dogs over 25kg: 2, nearest pub (california inn - 1 mile new inn, moreleigh - 2 miles), feature 5 (an ideal base for walkers with dartmoor and the coastal path easily accessible.), downstairs bathroom or shower room: 1, feature 1 (a recently converted studio barn, sleeps 2.), additional access information (3 steps up to mezzanine kitchen), cot available, garden available, number of high chairs.TripAdvisor property ID 1996773...Read more
The Linhay located in Totnes, Devon Totnes, West Country, England
Additional Location Information
The Linhay is a newly converted, single storey barn used in the past for milking and stables. The Linhay is attached to the owners house but has its own, separate entrance from the courtyard, allowing easy access by car for unloading luggage. The spacious 40â€™ x 13â€™ room has a king size double bed, underfloor heating, and a comfortable sitting room area with a kitchenette situated on the mezzanine floor.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.